|Birth name||Jamie Buchanon Hutchings|
|Born||1971 (age 48–49)|
|Genres||Alternative, Australian rock|
Laughing Outlaw Records
|Associated acts||Bluebottle Kiss, Peabody, Scared of Horses, Infinity Broke, Rocket|
Jamie Buchanon Hutchings (born 1971, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia) is the lead singer-songwriter and guitarist for Australian band Bluebottle Kiss, who have released six albums, plus numerous EPs and singles. Hutchings has released three solo albums, The Golden Coach, His Imaginary Choir and Avalon Cassettes. Unlike Bluebottle Kiss albums, which Hutchings produces himself, His Imaginary Choir was co-produced with notable Australian producer Tony Dupe. He has produced three albums for fellow Sydney band Peabody one album for Sydney mood-blues band, The Maladies and in 2013 one for Mark Moldre (An Ear To The Earth - Laughing Outlaw Records). His most recent solo album, Avalon Cassettes, was released on Laughing Outlaw in early 2011. Following Avalon Cassettes, he formed another band, Infinity Broke and in 2014 released a new album, River Mirrors.
From a musical family, Jamie's father, Lee Hutchings, is a professional musician (saxophone for The Flying Circus) and two of his siblings, Scott Hutchings and Sophie Hutchings, are frequent collaborators.
- McFarlane, Ian (1999). "Whammo Homepage". Encyclopedia of Australian Rock and Pop. St Leonards, NSW: Allen & Unwin. ISBN 1-86508-072-1. Archived from the original on April 5, 2004. Retrieved 8 February 2010. Note: Archived [on-line] copy has limited functionality.
- Spencer, Chris; Zbig Nowara; Paul McHenry (2002) . The Who's Who of Australian Rock. Noble Park, Vic.: Five Mile Press. ISBN 1-86503-891-1. Note: [on-line] version established at White Room Electronic Publishing Pty Ltd in 2007 and was expanded from the 2002 edition.
- ""Beautifully Tragic" at APRA search engine". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA). Archived from the original on 10 September 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2009.
- McFarlane 'Bluebottle Kiss' entry. Retrieved 20 February 2010. Note: He is listed as Jamie Hutching [sic].
- Spencer et al, (2007) Hutchings, Jamie Archived 2014-11-11 at the Wayback Machine entry. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- The Music Album Review – April 2, 2014
- Spencer et al, (2007) BLUEBOTTLE KISS[permanent dead link] entry. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "Who's who of Australian rock / compiled by Chris Spencer, Zbig Nowara & Paul McHenry". catalogue. National Library of Australia. Retrieved 8 February 2010.