|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Born||Jamie Marie Kern
July 16, 1977
San Rafael, California, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Title(s)||Miss Washington USA 2000|
|Miss USA 2000|
Jamie Marie Kern, also known as Jamie Kern Lima (born July 16, 1977) is an American entrepreneur and former journalist. She is the co-founder and CEO of It Cosmetics. She was also a TV news reporter for several years and prior to that, a contestant on the first season of Big Brother. She had also competed in the Miss USA pageant and won the Baywatch College Search in 1999, where she appeared on an episode of the TV show. She credited that experience to first learning about body makeup.
Kern graduated with an MBA from Columbia Business School in 2004 and worked as a field reporter for KNDU until 2006 when she then moved Portland, Oregon where she worked for KPTV. She remains in contact with the Washington pageant system and hosted the Miss Washington USA 2006 pageant won by Tiffany Doorn of Woodinville.
Kern is the co-founder and current CEO of It Cosmetics - a prestige color cosmetics line for face and body. She launched the line in the United States in 2008 and it is now available in more than 200 beauty boutiques in the US as well as on QVC with expansion into Canada in 2009. It Cosmetics has quickly gained a large number of celebrity fans including many cast members of the TV show Dancing With The Stars who use both their face and body products. Kern has recently made appearances with her products on the TODAY Show, Rachael Ray, Extra! TV and E! News among many others. She also won the Redbook Magazine MVP Most Valuable Product award for 2008 for her Leg Sculpting Kit called Smokin' Hot Legs.
Kern has also lived in and visited several countries including Thailand, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, Italy, France, Japan and Cambodia. She also did live reports from the Vatican City for KNDU in Kennewick on Pope John Paul II's death.
- Swanburg, Susan (2000-07-19). "Washington State U. grad no stranger to attention on 'Big Brother'". University Wire. Retrieved 2007-02-23.
- "Local Beauty Queen among 'Big Brother' Contestants". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. 2000-07-06. Retrieved 2007-02-23.
- Mendoza, Michael (2000-09-28). "Jamie's exit from house leaves all-male finale.". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 2007-02-23.
- Jamie Kern at the Internet Movie Database
- Miss Washington USA official website
- Miss USA 2000 - Article at the Pageant News Bureau discusses Jamie Kern, along with other delegates. Web.archive.org
|Awards and achievements|
|Miss Washington USA