Anthony James Moxon "Jamie" Lowther-Pinkerton, LVO MBE DL (born 28 September 1960) is Private Secretary to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and to Prince Harry, in the Household of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. He was appointed on 2 May 2005 but resigned as full-time Private Secretary with effect from September 2013, remaining for a single day a week in order to mentor and advise the younger staff who shall have to succeed him. The Household shares facilities with the larger Household of the Prince of Wales. Jamie is godfather to Prince George of Cambridge.
Brought up in Alderton, Suffolk, he is descended from the Lowther landed gentry family, not the Earls of Lonsdale, but shares a descent from the 1st Earl of Bessborough with his royal employers. He was educated at Eton College.
His first career was in the British Army. He trained at the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst in 1979, and joined the Irish Guards. Lowther-Pinkerton served with the 1st Battalion Irish Guards, but was attached to the Special Air Service (SAS) throughout his 20-year army career, where he was described as an especially capable officer. He retired from the Army in 1998.
He served as Equerry to Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother 1984-1986, and was promoted to Captain on 8 June 1986. He was a troop commander of the SAS as a Captain. He served in the first Gulf War in 1990-1991 as Special Forces Liaison Officer with United States forces., 
He was promoted to the rank of Major on 30 September 1992, and was in charge of two 20-man SAS counter-narcotics operations in Colombia for two years in the early 1990s. He attended the Staff College, Camberley, and qualified as a staff officer (psc). Lowther-Pinkerton was Commanding Officer of G Squadron SAS. In the mid-to-late 1990s he was in the Balkans for the strategic policy review by the Ministry of Defence; reportedly in 1994 as part of a four-man SAS "Joint Communication Organisation" in Bosnia., 
In 2001 he co-founded and has since been a director of Objective Travel Safety, which provides risk assessment training for young travellers and journalists. He trained Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman for their Long Way Round and Long Way Down TV series. He is a part-time consultant to Kroll Risk Management, London. , 
He was appointed Member of the Royal Victorian Order (MVO) for his service as Equerry to The Queen Mother in 1986, Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in 1990 for service with the special forces in Colombia, and Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order (LVO) in the 2013 New Year Honours.
He is married to Susannah Lowther-Pinkerton (born Susannah Lucy Richards) with four children. The family lives in Suffolk. His ten-year-old son, William "Billy" Lowther-Pinkerton, was one of the pageboys at the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton in April 2011.
- Michael Rhodes. "Dare Athena Lowther-Pinkerton" Peerage News group. Retrieved 21 January 2009
- Blow for William and Kate as their most senior courtier Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton announces his departure, Telegraph online
- "Prince George's godparents announced". BBC News. 23 October 2013. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- Suffolk: Alderton man is Royal wedding planner - News - Eastern Daily Press Retrieved 2011-11-04.
- ‘LOWTHER-PINKERTON, (Anthony) James (Moxon)’, Who's Who 2017, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2017
- The Scotsman. Edinburgh http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=166&id=455762005. Missing or empty
- "(Supplement) no. 60367". The London Gazette. 29 December 2012. p. 4.
- A third daughter was born in 2007. See ibid for details.
- Michael Evans and Andrew Pierce. "SAS hero parachuted in for princes: Drug-busting officer who specialises in risk management to guard William and Harry" The Times, 4 March 2005.
- Jim Gilchrist. "The Special Heir Service" The Scotsman 29 April 2005