|Full name||Jamie Ness|
|Date of birth||2 March 1991|
|Place of birth||Irvine, Scotland|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Central Midfielder|
|2014||→ Leyton Orient (loan)||13||(1)|
|2014–2015||→ Crewe Alexandra (loan)||33||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 09:17, 5 May 2019 (UTC)|
Ness began his career with Rangers and made his debut for the first team in January 2011. He then scored against Celtic in the Scottish Cup but his progress was hampered by injuries. In 2012, Ness became a free agent and joined Stoke City. He failed to make an impression with Stoke and spent time out on loan with Leyton Orient and Crewe Alexandra. He joined Scunthorpe United in July 2015 on a free transfer. He spent two years with the Iron before joining Plymouth Argyle in June 2017.
Ness made his first Rangers appearance in a pre-season friendly against Portsmouth and was predicted to have a bright future. Due to injuries he did not make his league debut until 26 December 2010, away to Motherwell, coming on as a substitute in the 4–1 win. On 2 January 2011, Ness made his full debut in an Old Firm derby which Rangers lost 2–0. On 6 February 2011, he scored his first Rangers goal with a strike in the third minute of a fifth round Scottish Cup match, at home to Celtic. He signed a two-year extension to his contract which was to the summer of 2013, but was later extended by a further two years until 2015.
Prior to the start of the 2011–12 season, Ness and his teammate Gregg Wylde were issued with first team squad numbers by Rangers manager Ally McCoist. Ness missed most of the 2011–12 season due to injury playing just five matches for Rangers and scored his first league goal in a 5–0 win over Dundee United on 2 May 2012.
In June 2012, a new company was formed which purchased the assets and history of Rangers as the old company entered liquidation proceedings. Ness lodged an objection against his contract being transferred to the new company. PFA Scotland had previously commented that players were entitled to become free agents if they objected to the transfer. Ness had raised a constructive dismissal claim against Rangers.
Ness signed a four-year contract with Premier League side Stoke City on 3 July 2012. It took a while until he was granted international clearance by FIFA due to contract dispute with Rangers but he made his first appearance in a Stoke shirt in a pre-season match against Columbus Crew on 24 July 2012. He made his competitive debut for Stoke against Swindon Town in the Football League Cup but he failed to finish the match after suffering an injury.
On 3 January 2014 Ness joined Leyton Orient on a 28-day loan. On 11 January he scored his first goal in English football on his home debut for the club in a 4–0 win over Carlisle United. On 14 August 2014 Ness joined Crewe Alexandra on loan until 1 January 2015. He extended his loan until the end of the 2014–15 season. He played 34 times for the Alex helping them avoid relegation.
He was released by Plymouth Argyle at the end of the 2018–19 season.
Ness grew up supporting Rangers and English club Manchester United and he cites Danny Wilson as his best friend in football. In November 2012, Ness and his girlfriend Heather Weir were saved from carbon monoxide poisoning by their pet labrador which had been acting strangely.
- As of match played on 4 May 2019
|Rangers||2010–11||Scottish Premier League||11||0||2||1||0||0||0||0||13||1|
|2011–12||Scottish Premier League||5||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||5||1|
|Stoke City||2012–13||Premier League||0||0||0||0||1||0||—||1||0|
|Leyton Orient (loan)||2013–14||League One||13||1||1||0||0||0||—||14||1|
|Crewe Alexandra (loan)||2014–15||League One||33||2||1||0||0||0||—||34||2|
|Scunthorpe United||2015–16||League One||27||0||3||0||0||0||—||30||0|
|Plymouth Argyle||2017–18||League One||27||3||0||0||0||0||2||0||29||3|
- "Premier League Player Profile Jamie Ness". Premier League. Barclays Premier League. 2015. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "Scotland under 21 coach Billy Stark predicts 11 young stars to shine in 2009" Daily Record. 2 January 2009.
- "Jamie Ness will be next Rangers kid to get first team action, says boss Walter Smith". Daily Record. 29 November 2009.
- Campbell, Andy (26 December 2010). "Motherwell 1–4 Rangers". BBC Sport.
- "Rangers 0–2 Celtic". BBC Sport. 2 January 2011.
- McDaid, David (6 February 2011). "Rangers 2–2 Celtic". BBC Sport.
- "Jamie Ness agrees Rangers contract extension". BBC Sport. 7 March 2011.
- "Rangers 5–0 Dundee United". BBC Sport. Retrieved 3 July 2012.
- Lamont, Alasdair (26 June 2012). "Rangers: Davis, McGregor, Lafferty and Ness eye exit". BBC Sport. BBC. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- "Rangers: Players free not to join 'newco' says law expert". BBC Sport. BBC. 14 June 2012. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- "Sixty-seven players 'in legal action' over Rangers contract transfer". STV Sport. 10 December 2012. Archived from the original on 14 December 2012.
- "Rangers International Football Club plc" (PDF). Rangersshareoffer.com. 8 December 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Jamie Ness faces race to make start of pre-season". The Sentinel. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "Jamie's Happi-Ness". Stoke City F.C. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Columbus Crew 2 Stoke City 1". Stoke City F.C. Archived from the original on 1 January 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Stoke 3–4 Swindon". BBC Sport. Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- "Jamie Ness Signs". Leyton Orient. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Leyton Orient 4–0 Carlisle United". BBC Sport. 11 January 2014.
- "Ness Joins Crewe On Loan". Stoke City F.C. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- "Ness Extends Crewe Stay". Crewe Alex. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Crewe 0-1 Bradford". BBC Sport. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- "IRON SIGN JAMIE NESS". Scunthorpe United. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- "Jamie Ness: Plymouth Argyle sign Scunthorpe United midfielder on free transfer". BBC Sport. Retrieved 25 June 2017.
- "Jamie Ness: Plymouth Argyle release midfielder and offer deals to 12". BBC Sport. 7 May 2019. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- Stoke City Official Matchday Magazine 28 August 2012 v Swindon Town
- Bates, Claire (23 November 2012). "Dog saves Stoke City midfielder and model girlfriend from carbon monoxide poisoning". Daily Mail. London. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- "Jamie Ness". Soccerbase. Retrieved 3 July 2012.
- "Rangers' Jamie Ness named SPL young player of the month". BBC Sport. 13 February 2011. Retrieved 27 September 2011.