Jamie Nicole Otis
June 15, 1986
|Occupation||Registered Nurse; Reality Star|
Jamie Nicole Otis-Hehner (née Otis; born June 15, 1986) is a reality TV personality who first appeared as a contestant on the sixteenth season of The Bachelor. She is best known for participating in the first season of Married at First Sight, where she met her husband, Doug Hehner. The couple was later featured in a spin-off series, Married at First Sight: The First Year. They have since appeared in several specials on FYI.
Otis has been married to Doug Hehner since March 23, 2014. They shared the first 5 weeks of their marriage on the television series “Married at First Sight.” It has also been chronicled on their YouTube series “Married Life.” In July 2016, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child. However, a week later, Otis revealed that she had experienced a miscarriage at four months. In February 2017, the couple announced that they were expecting for a second time. On August 22, 2017, their daughter Henley Grace was born. On Christmas Day 2018, the Hehners announced on their new podcast that they are expecting their third child. In January 2019, Otis announced that she had experienced a second miscarriage. On September 6, 2019, the Hehners announced on their podcast that they are expecting. On May 13, 2020, their son Hendrix Douglas was born.
Otis gained custody and raised her younger siblings when she was a college freshman, and became a certified foster parent and began taking care of kids in foster care as well.
In 2012, Otis first came into the public eye as a contestant on The Bachelor, competing for the love of Ben Flajnik in the show's sixteenth season. She was eliminated in 7th place. Later that year, Otis returned for the third season of Bachelor Pad, where she was paired up with fan David Mallet. The two were eliminated in the 4th episode.
In 2014, Otis was featured on the first season of Married at First Sight. Initially, the experts were reluctant to choose her due to her history on The Bachelor franchise, but ultimately thought she was a good fit. She was chosen to marry Doug Hehner. Six weeks after the wedding, Otis and Hehner decided to stay married and have been together ever since. In 2015-16, they starred in the reality series Married at First Sight: The First Year, a spinoff that followed their lives after the show.
Since 2016, Otis hosts Married at First Sight: Unfiltered, a show that airs after each new episode where current contestants discuss the highs and lows of their relationships. She has also done on-air hosting for The Chef's Connection and Star Shop.
Otis has one acting credit in an episode of the 2014 television series Honestly Amelia, playing Ms. Williams.
Otis launched her own fine jewelry line in New York City.
In June 2016, Otis became an author with the release of her book titled Wifey 101: Everything I Got Wrong About Finding Mr. Right.
- Chiu, Melody (May 1, 2015). "Why Married at First Sight's Jamie Otis Took Doug Hehner's Last Name". People. Retrieved April 26, 2017.
- "Jamie Otis on The Bachelor". Emme Magazine. Retrieved 2 August 2002.
- "Jamie Otis onYouTube". Jamie Otis YouTube Channel.
- Chiu, Melody (July 5, 2016). "Married at First Sight's Doug Hehner and Jamie Otis Expecting First Child". People. Retrieved April 26, 2017.
- Juneau, Jen (July 18, 2016). "Jamie Otis and Doug Hehner Name the Son They Lost: 'He Deserves a Beautiful Name to Be Remembered By'". People. Retrieved April 26, 2017.
- Chiu, Melody (April 25, 2017). "Jamie Otis and Doug Hehner Are Expecting a Baby Girl: 'I Secretly Hoped for a Little Mini Me'". People. Retrieved April 26, 2017.
- Chiu, Melody (August 22, 2017). "Married at First Sight's Jamie Otis and Doug Hehner Welcome Daughter Henley Grace". People. Retrieved August 22, 2017.
- Stone, Natalie (January 11, 2019). "Married at First Sight's Jamie Otis Reveals She Suffered Another Miscarriage: 'I'm Devastated'". People. Retrieved January 11, 2019.
- "Jamie Otis and Doug Hehner Welcome Son Hendrix Douglas: 'He's So Perfect'". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2020-05-14.
- "Jamie Otis Teams Up with Dr. Oz". WetPaint.com. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "Jamie Otis Bio". JamieOtis.com.
- "Jamie Otis Talks About Bachelor Pad". TheKnotKnows.com. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Jamie Otis Jewelry". Etsy.com.
- "Jamie Otis Releases First Book". NYDailyNews.com. Retrieved 1 April 2016.