Jamie Parker (born 14 August 1979) is an English actor and singer, best known for his role as Harry Potter in the original cast for the West End play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, for which he received an Olivier Award for Best Actor. He also received a Tony Award nomination for Best Actor in a Play as a member of the original Broadway version.
Other theater credits include King Henry in the 2012 Globe production of Shakespeare's Henry V, with notable film roles being Donald Scripps in The History Boys (2006), adapted by Alan Bennett from his play of the same name in which Parker was a member of the original cast, and Lieutenant Werner von Haeften in Valkyrie (2008).
Although Parker was born in Middlesbrough, Cleveland, on 14 August 1979, he was brought up with his family in Darlington. He attended Loretto School before training in acting at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) from which he graduated in 2002.
Parker originated the role of Scripps in Alan Bennett's play The History Boys. He was involved in The History Boys from the play’s first reading, initially reading the part of Rudge before taking on the role of Scripps in the original London stage production as well as in the Broadway, Sydney, Wellington and Hong Kong productions and radio and film versions of the play. Parker put his musical talents to use in The History Boys, playing piano and singing in several scenes. His other National Theatre credits include a 2008 revival of The Revenger's Tragedy.
In 2011 he appeared at Chichester in Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead with fellow History Boy Samuel Barnett—the production subsequently moved to London for a West End engagement. In the autumn of 2012 he appeared as Brick in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof at the West Yorkshire Playhouse. In the first part of 2013 he appeared in the Menier Chocolate Factory production of Proof and in Candida at the Theatre Royal, Bath. He played the role of Mike Connor in High Society at The Old Vic in London. He also sang several numbers in the Late Night Sinatra concert given by the John Wilson Orchestra during the 2015 BBC Proms season at London's Royal Albert Hall.
He originated the role of Harry Potter in the original West End production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child at the Palace Theatre, London.  On 9 April 2017 Parker won the Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actor for his performance in the play. He reprised his performance on Broadway at the Lyric Theatre in 2018, earning a Tony Award nomination for Best Actor in a Play.
During the spring of 2012 he toured the UK in the Globe production of Henry V, a production which subsequently played at Shakespeare's Globe on London's Southbank during the summer of 2012 thereby completing his traversal of the Prince Hal story arc in Shakespeare's history plays at the Globe. Parker was also featured in two of the six episodes of the BBC Four's production Shakespeare Uncovered (2012). Each episode explored and revealed the extraordinary world and works of William Shakespeare and the still-potent impact they have today. The series combined interviews with actors, directors and scholars, along with visits to key locations, clips from some of the most celebrated film and television adaptations, and illustrative excerpts from the plays staged specially for the series at Shakespeare’s Globe in London.
He married actress Deborah Crowe, in 2007, with whom he has a son, William.
|2007||Life Class||Paul Tarrant||BBC Radio 4||Ten 15 min episodes|
|2010||Doctor Who - Leviathan||Wulfric||Big Finish||2 episodes|
|2012||Frankenstein||Victor Frankenstein||BBC Radio 4||2 episodes|
|2014||Pride and Prejudice||Mr Darcy||BBC Radio 4||3 episodes|
|Hamlet||Hamlet, Prince of Denmark||BBC Radio 4||5 episodes|
|2007||American Experience||Philip Hamilton||PBS||Series 19, Episode 15 "Alexander Hamilton"|
|Silent Witness||Alan Peters||BBC||Series 11, Episodes 5–6 "Hippocratic Oath"|
|2009||Horne and Corden||BBC||Series 1, Episode 4|
|2010||Van Gogh: Painted with Words||Theo van Gogh||BBC||TV film|
|2011||The Hour||Peter Darrall||BBC||Series 1, Episode 1 (Appears in Episodes 2 and 4 on a recorded tape)|
|2012||Silk||Captain Cassidy||BBC||Series 2, Episode 2|
|Shakespeare Uncovered: Derek Jacobi on Richard II||As himself and Richard II||BBC Four||Episode 3 of 6|
|Shakespeare Uncovered: Jeremy Irons on the Henrys||Prince Hal/Henry V||BBC Four||Episode 5 of 6|
|Parade's End||Brownlie||BBC Two||Episodes 2–3|
|2014||Silent Witness||Ben Morgan||BBC||Series 17, Episodes 9–10 "Fraternity"|
|Endeavour||Dr Matthew Copley-Barnes||ITV||Series 2, Episode 1 "Trove"|
|2015||Count Arthur Strong||Aide||BBC||Series 2, Episode 3 "We're Listening"|
|Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell||Grant||BBC||Series 1, Episodes 3-5|
|BBC Proms 'Late Night Sinatra'||Himself||BBC||Prom 30|
|2006||The History Boys||Scripps|
|2008||Valkyrie||Werner von Haeften|
|2013||Le Weekend||Mike||Dir. Christopher Granier-Deferre|
|2015||The Lady in the Van||Estate agent||Dir. Nicholas Hytner|
- Kellaway, Kate (8 October 2006). "Kate Kellaway: How We Played a Part in History". The Observer. London. Retrieved 5 November 2006.
- "Jamie Parker". Archived from the original on 10 November 2006. Retrieved 5 November 2006.
- "Between the Crosses – Cast and Crew". Archived from the original on 5 October 2006. Retrieved 5 November 2006.
- Bennett, Alan; Nicholas Hytner (2006). The History Boys The Film. London: Forelake Ltd. p. viii. ISBN 0-571-23173-X.
- "Internet Broadway Database: Jamie Parker Credits on Broadway". Archived from the original on 2011-05-22. Retrieved 5 November 2006.
- "National Theatre : Productions : The History Boys 2004". Retrieved 17 October 2006.
- "The History Boys – Arts Reviews – Arts – Entertainment – smh.com.au". The Sydney Morning Herald. 9 March 2006. Retrieved 17 October 2006.
- "John Smythe: theatre reviews: NZIAF-THE HISTORY BOYS: More is more". Archived from the original on 30 September 2007. Retrieved 17 October 2006.
- McPhee, Ryan (2017-08-02). "Original Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Trio to Reunite on Broadway; Additional Casting Announced | Playbill". Playbill. Retrieved 2017-08-02.
- PBS. Shakespeare Uncovered, New York Public Media, 2013. Shakespeare Uncovered: About
- "IMDB – Jamie Parker – Biography". Retrieved 20 August 2009.
- "IMDB – Jamie Parker – Other works". Retrieved 20 August 2009.
- "The Gondoliers or The King Of Barataria". Retrieved 20 August 2009.
- Benedict, David (5 June 2008). "Variety – The Revenger's Tragedy". Retrieved 20 August 2009.
- "RadioListings – Life Class". Retrieved 20 August 2009.
- "American Experience – Alexander Hamilton – The Film and More – PBS". Retrieved 15 May 2007.
- BBC Four. Shakespeare Uncovered: Derek Jacobi on Richard II, Episode 3 of 6, BBC, 30 June 2012. BBC Shakespeare Uncovered
- BBC Four. Shakespeare Uncovered: Jeremy Irons on the Henrys, Episode 5 of 6, BBC, 8 July 2012. BBC Shakespeare Uncovered