|Title||Founder of Ring Inc.|
Jamie Siminoff is the founder of smart home and home security company Ring Inc., which was acquired by Amazon.com in February 2018 for an estimated value of between $1.2 and $1.8 billion, after failing to secure a deal with any of the "sharks" on Shark Tank in late 2013.
Life and career
Siminoff is a 1999 graduate of Babson College.
In 2011, Siminoff created Ring (then known as Doorbot), a WiFi-enabled video doorbell, as a way to see his doorbell when he was in the garage. He appeared as an entrepreneur on Shark Tank in 2013. While the Sharks liked the idea, all of them declined to invest. Following his appearance on Shark Tank, he rebranded the company as Ring, and has since become the biggest company to ever appear on Shark Tank. In 2018, Ring was acquired by Amazon and then Siminoff returned to Shark Tank as a guest shark. Siminoff is a member of YPO.
- "Profiles Jamie Siminoff '99". Babson College. Retrieved November 22, 2019.
- "Amazon is making its second-biggest acquisition ever — the doorbell company Ring". Recode. February 27, 2018. Retrieved November 22, 2019.
- Canal, Emily. "First, I Lost on 'Shark Tank.' Then, I Sold My Startup for Over $1 Billion". Inc.com.
- Berger, Sarah (11 Oct 2018). "This is the first thing Ring's founder bought after selling his company to Amazon for $1 billion". CNBC.
- Schlosser, Kurt (26 Sep 2018). "After getting $1B from Amazon, Ring founder Jamie Siminoff gets another knock from 'Shark Tank'". Geek Wire.
- "Jamie Siminoff's Ventures Ring True to His Life's Mission". YPO. 2018-07-20. Retrieved 2021-01-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jamie Siminoff.|
- Siminoff on Crunchbase