Jamie Smith (footballer, born 1989)
|Full name||Jamie Peter Smith|
|Date of birth||12 September 1989|
|Place of birth||Leytonstone, London, England|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|2009–2012||Brighton & Hove Albion||24||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:37, 15 February 2015 (UTC).
Smith progressed through the youth ranks at Crystal Palace and was awarded a one-year contract in the summer of 2008. After failing to make an appearance for Crystal Palace, Smith was released from the club in the summer of 2009. His former coach at Palace, Gary Issott, said; "Jamie Smith is a diminutive attacking central midfielder in the mould of Eyal Berkovic. He is very clever and improved after a frustrating first year. He started this season well and, up until Christmas, his form was electric."
On 3 August 2009, Smith signed a one-year contract with Brighton & Hove Albion after impressing during a trial with the club. Smith made his professional debut for Brighton during the 7–1 defeat to Huddersfield Town on 18 August 2009. He was substituted in the first half after goalkeeper Michel Kuipers was sent off; Smith made way for the replacement goalkeeper Graeme Smith.
Smith signed a six-month contract extension in May 2011 After being released by the Seagulls, Smith went on to train and eventually sign a contract until the end of the 2011–12 season with Leyton Orient. He made his only Orient appearance as a late substitute in the 3–0 defeat at Exeter City on 9 April 2012. On 15 May he was one of three players released by Orient manager Russell Slade.
- "List of Players under Written Contract Registered Between 01/08/2009 and 31/08/2009" (PDF). The Football Association. Retrieved 23 November 2010.
- Jamie S Smith
- Eaglets sign pro forms
- Ifill and Oster let go
- Navarro Signs Deal
- Report:Huddersfield 7–1 Brighton
- "New Deals for Development Trio". seagulls.co.uk. 19 May 2011. Archived from the original on 10 September 2012. Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "Leyton Orient sign former Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Jamie Smith". guardian-series.co.uk. 8 March 2012. Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "Exeter 3–0 Leyton Orient". BBC Sport. 9 April 2012.
- "Lobjoit signs Os deal". Leyton Orient F.C. 15 May 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Squad Update : Smith Signs Up From Dover". ebfc.co.uk (Eastbourne Borough F.C.). 26 November 2012. Retrieved 26 November 2012.