Paris of Saurashtra
Location of district in Gujarat
|Founded by||Jam Rawalji Jadeja|
|Named for||Jam, The title of Jadeja rulers.|
|• Total||14,184 km2 (5,476 sq mi)|
|• Density||150/km2 (390/sq mi)|
|• Official||kutchi, Gujarati, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Hindi|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Jamnagar District is a district of India located on the southern coast of the Gulf of Kutch in the state of Gujarat. Its headquarters are located in the eponymous city of Jamnagar. It hosts the production facilities of several large Indian companies such as Reliance and Essar. Among its attractions are several palaces, a Marine National Park and a Bird Sanctuary, known as Khijadiya Bird Sanctuary.
Talukas (administrative divisions)
According to the 2011 census Jamnagar district has a population of 2,159,130, roughly equal to the nation of Namibia or the US state of New Mexico. This gives it a district population ranking of 212th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 153 inhabitants per square kilometre (400/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 13.38%. Jamnagar has a sex ratio of 938 females for every 1000 males. It had literacy rate of 66.4% in 2001 which rose impressively in a decade to literacy rate of 74.4% by 2011.
- "Jamnagar District Map". Mapsofindia.com. 2011-09-12. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- Mustak Amin Mepani. "Jamnagar the beautiful - Tourist information". Jamnagar.org. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-10-19. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
New Mexico - 2,059,179
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jamnagar district.|
|This article about a location in Jamnagar district, Gujarat, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|