Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
|Motto||setting new standards in the business of management|
|University of Mumbai|
|Affiliation||University of Mumbai|
|Director||Dr. Kavita Laghate|
|Nickname||JB or Bajaj|
JBIMS offers full-time Masters in Management Studies programme. In addition to MMS, the institute offers full-time course of Masters in Finance (MSc Finance), Master in Human Resource Development Management (MHRD),part-time courses and a doctoral PhD programme. In addition to the regular academics, guest lectures are organised from time to time.
Masters in Management Studies (MMS)
Masters in Management Studies is the flagship course of Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies. It is a two-year full-time post-graduate degree course in management. Started as early as 1965, the institute offers specializations in the second year of the MMS course. The title of the programme as MMS, instead of the usual MBA, is to emphasise that the principles and practices of management studies are applicable to all types of organisation and not only to business organisations.
Students can specialize in:
- Personnel (HR)
Masters in Finance (MSc Finance)
Started in 2013, on the recommendations of the Prime Minister's Office, the course was started as the first master's degree in Finance by a college in India.
The course is two-years full-time and covers a wide range of topics in Finance, Quantitative Studies, Economics among others.
Master of Business Administration (Part-time)
JBIMS offers part-time courses that include:
- Masters in Marketing Management
- Masters in Finance Management
- Masters in Information Management
- Masters in Human Resource Development and Management
Master in Human Resource Development (MHRD)
The institute offers a 2-year full time Master degree program “Master in Human Resource Development (MHRD)”. Areas of focus include Talent Attraction, Compensation Administration, Human Resource Management, Performance Management, Welfare and Industrial Relations and Labour laws, Human Resources Information Systems, Learning and Development.
This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability policy. (February 2019)
- Uday Kotak, Founder, MD and CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Ajay Piramal, chairman of Piramal Healthcare
- Chanda Kochhar, Former MD & CEO, ICICI Bank, India
- Harish Bhimani, Voice-Over Artist
- Harish Manwani, Ex-Global COO, Unilever PLC, Senior Operating Partner, Blackstone,
- Lalita D. Gupte, Chairperson, ICICI Venture Funds Management Company
- Mani Ratnam, Indian Filmmaker
- Nitin Paranjpe, CEO & MD, Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
- Raja Krishnamoorthy, Indian Film & TV Director
- Sam Balsara, Founder, Chairman and MD of Madison World
- Satish Modh, Director of Vivekananda Education Society Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Siddharth Roy Kapur, CEO of UTV Motion Pictures, 1997
- Suresh Kumar, Assistant Commerce Secretary for Trade Promotion and Director-General of the U.S. Foreign Commercial Service
- Vinita Bali, Ex-MD of Britannia Industries
- "India's Best Business Schools & Colleges, Top Management Colleges in India, Top Rank MBA Colleges and Institutes in India - Business Today". businesstoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "ET Business school ranking: The Top 50 - timesofindia-economictimes". articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Cradle of CEOs". telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "ICICI Bank : About Us : Director's Profile : Mrs. Chanda Kochhar, MD & CEO". icicibank.com. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- Hindustan Unilever Limited Archived 11 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- "Union Budget: Funding is not enough, implementation is the key, say educationists - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Every student is motivated by marks: Prof. Dr. Satish Modh, Vivekanand Education Society's Institute of Management Studies and Research | Freepress Journal". www.freepressjournal.in. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Another GenNext Kapur family finds feet in Bollywood". The Economic Times. 20 November 2010. pp. 1–2. Retrieved 15 June 2013.