Meredith in the 2012 NFL season.
|No. 79 Tennessee Titans|
|Date of birth:||May 11, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Simpsonville, South Carolina|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||312 lb (142 kg)|
|High school:||Simpsonville (SC) Hillcrest|
|NFL draft:||2009 / Round: 5 / Pick: 162|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2014|
|Stats at NFL.com|
James Jamon Meredith (born May 11, 1986) is an American football offensive tackle for the Tennessee Titans. He was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the fifth round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at South Carolina.
- 1 Early years
- 2 College career
- 3 Professional career
- 4 References
- 5 External links
At South Carolina, Meredith switched from the defensive to the offensive line. In his initial year, he saw action in one game, getting in for three plays against Vanderbilt, but was later granted a redshirt year. In his redshirt freshman year, he earned four starts at right tackle, including the 2005 Independence Bowl against Missouri.
As a sophomore, Meredith started all 13 games on the Gamecocks offensive line, the first seven games at right tackle, and then moved to left tackle for the final six contests. He garnered SEC offensive lineman of the week honors after helping the Gamecocks to a 31-28 victory over arch-rival Clemson, in which he anchored an offensive line that held Gaines Adams and the athletic Clemson defensive front without a quarterback sack.
In 2007 he started all 12 games at left tackle. In his senior year, he had to sit out the first two games due to an NCAA eligibility ruling stemming from his freshman season. He later sat out a couple games with an ankle injury, and played most of the season at left guard.
2009 NFL Draft
Meredith was considered as one of the better offensive tackles in the 2009 NFL Draft, but was projected to play guard or right tackle in the NFL because he lacked the top athleticism for left tackle.
|Height||Weight||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20 ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6-4⅝ *||304 lb *||4.99 *||1.69 *||2.84 *||4.82 *||8.01 *||28" *||8'09" *||31 *||23 *|
|* represents NFL Combine|
Green Bay Packers
Meredith was selected in the fifth round, No. 162 overall, by the Green Bay Packers.
Meredith was released on September 5, 2009 and re-signed to the team's practice squad.
Meredith was waived on October 4, 2010.
Meredith was claimed by the Detroit Lions on October 5, 2010. He was waived on October 17.
New York Giants
Meredith signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers on September 13, 2011.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
He became the starting right guard on October 14, 2012. He replaced backup guard Ted Larsen, who had been starting for right guard Davin Joseph after he had been lost for the season due to injury. The Buccaneers released Meredith on August 29, 2014.
Meredith signed with the Indianapolis Colts on September 3, 2014. He was released on November 4, 2014.
Second stint with the Green Bay Packers
- "Jamon Meredith Recruiting Profile", Rivals.com
- Jolley, Jonathan (November 27, 2006), "Meredith Named SEC O-Lineman of Week", GamecockAnthem.com
- Brooks, Bucky (February 16, 2009), "Eugene Monroe, Jason Smith lead 2009 NFL draft OL prospects", Sports Illustrated
- "Pro Football War Room: Jamon Meredith", SportingNews.com, April 26, 2009
- "Giants trim roster to 53, place QB Sage Rosenfels on injured reserve". www.nj.com.
- Buccaneers sign OT Meredith, cut DEs Crowder, Reed
- Meredith -- not Trueblood -- Will Start Sunday at Right Guard
- Bucs Begin Final Cuts
- Burnett downgraded to questionable; Packers sign Meredith, send Dorsey to IR www.jsonline.com, Retrieved November 9, 2014
- Mello, Igor. "Packers add Justin Perillo to active roster, waive Jamon Meredith". CBS Sports. Retrieved 16 November 2014.
- Marcum, Jason. "Bengals place Andre Smith on IR; Sign Jamon Meredith". CincyJungle. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- Bengals sign offensive tackle Eric Winston www.si.com, Retrieved December 4, 2014
- Place CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson on IR; Sign OL Jamon Meredith to Active Roster www.titansonline.com,Retrieved March 29, 2015