|Alma mater||Cathedral & John Connon School
Illinois Institute of Technology
|Occupation||Chairman of Godrej & Boyce|
|Net worth||$4.8 billion (US)|
Jamshyd Naoroji Godrej is an Indian industrialist and member of the Godrej family, currently serving as managing director and chairman of Godrej & Boyce, the family's consumer durables holding company. He is the cousin of Godrej Group chairman Adi Godrej and Godrej Agrovet chairman Nadir Godrej.
Godrej completed his schooling at the prominent Cathedral & John Connon School. He attended the Illinois Institute of Technology, studying mechanical engineering, and was appointed a director of Godrej & Boyce in 1974, becoming managing director in 1991 and chairman in 2000. In 2012, Godrej resigned from the board of Haldia Petrochemicals, prompting efforts by government of Bengal to retain him.
Jamshyd joined the Board of Godrej & Boyce Manufacturing Company Limited as a director in 1974, He led the group in the areas of home appliances, consumer durables, office equipment, industrial products, consumer products and services. He is currently the Chairman and Managing Director of Godrej & Boyce Manufacturing Company Limited. He is also the chairman of the CII Sohrabji Godrej Green Business Centre.
Godrej is on the boards of the World Resources Institute and Aspen Institute; in 2012, Forbes magazine named him one of the richest green billionaires on the basis of the valuable mangrove swamps the Godrej family has owned and preserved in Vikhroli, Mumbai. He is vice president of the World Wide Fund for Nature. In partnership with the World Resources Institute, whose Indian division he chairs, he has supported sustainable forms of public transport in India, including bus rapid transport schemes, through funding relevant institutions and lobbying the Ministry of Urban Development.
- "Jamshyd Godrej & family". Forbes. 2012-04-18. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- "Jamshyd Godrej Net Worth". TheRichest. Retrieved 2016-05-12.
- "Board of Directors | World Resources Institute". Wri.org. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- "Godrej quits HPL board, govt tries to keep him back". Telegraphindia.com. 2012-03-06. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- "Indian Institute for Human Settlements | Jamshyd Godrej". iihs.co.in. Retrieved 2016-05-12.
- "Richest Green Billionaires 2012". Forbes. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- Mamta Sen (2011-09-11). "Godrej helps preserve Mumbai mangroves". Sunday-guardian.com. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- "Interview With:Jamshyd Godrej, Best global practices must be emulated - TrafficInfraTech Magazine". Trafficinfratech.com. 2013-06-03. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- "Son rises at Godrej". www.rediff.com. Retrieved 2016-05-13.
- "Godrej family gets the keys to Homi J Bhabha's bungalow for Rs 372 crore; outbids Ajay Piramal". timesofindia-economictimes. Retrieved 2016-05-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jamshyd Godrej.|