March 18, 1978 |
Atlant Moscow Oblast
|National team||Czech Republic|
|NHL Draft||43rd overall, 1996
Jan Bulis (Czech pronunciation: [ˈjan ˈbulɪs] ( listen)) (born March 18, 1978) is a former Czech professional hockey winger who last played as the Captain of Traktor Chelyabinsk of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL).
Bulis was drafted by the Washington Capitals in the 1996 NHL Entry Draft, Second Round, Forty-third Overall. Bulis was a fan favourite while playing for the Barrie Colts of the OHL and was among the top players in the OHL at that time from 1995–1997. In Bulis' top season for Barrie he accumulated 42 goals and 61 assists for a total of 103 points in 64 games. Unfortunately, that offensive potential did not show up in the NHL where he totalled of 251 points in 587 games played.
He has played for the Vancouver Canucks, Montreal Canadiens, Washington Capitals, AHL Portland Pirates, IHL Cincinnati Cyclones, OHL Kingston Frontenacs and Barrie Colts. On March 13 of 2001, Bulis was traded from the Washington Capitals along with Richard Zedník and a first round pick (Alexander Perezhogin) to the Montreal Canadiens for Dainius Zubrus, Trevor Linden and a second round draft pick (later traded to the Tampa Bay Lightning, who selected Andreas Holmqvist). During the 2004–05 NHL lockout, Bulis played for HC Pardubice in the Czech Republic Elite League. He scored 24 goals and had 25 assists in 45 games played. Bulis recorded his best NHL season in 2005–06 with Montreal where he scored 20 goals and 20 assists for 40 points in 73 games played. During the campaign in December 2005, Bulis was named to the Czech national ice hockey team for the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin. It was the first time that Bulis played for the Czech National Team. On January 25, 2006 Bulis scored four goals in four shots against the Philadelphia Flyers. And he scored 4 goals against Vancouver on February 20, 2006
- June 22, 1996 - Drafted by the Washington Capitals in the 2nd round, 43rd overall.
- March 13, 2001 - Traded to the Montreal Canadiens along with Richard Zednik and a 1st round selection in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft (Alexander Perezhogin) in exchange for Trevor Linden, Dainius Zubrus, and a 2nd round selection in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft (previously acquired, later traded to the Tampa Bay Lightning - Andreas Holmqvist).
- July 25, 2006 - Signed as an unrestricted free agent by the Vancouver Canucks.
- On May 4, 2011 Bulis moved from KHL's Atlant Mytishchi to Traktor Chelyabinsk.
- April, 2012 - Signed one-year contract with Traktor Chelyabinsk.
Regular season and playoffs
|2007–08||Khimik Moscow Oblast||RSL||57||17||31||48||106||5||0||0||0||4|
|2008–09||Atlant Moscow Oblast||KHL||35||9||8||17||16||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||Atlant Moscow Oblast||KHL||56||25||18||43||68||4||1||2||3||4|
|2010–11||Atlant Moscow Oblast||KHL||42||14||15||29||62||24||4||6||10||26|
|Representing Czech Republic|
- "Canadiens 5, Flyers 3". National Hockey League. 2006-01-25. Retrieved 2006-01-29.
- "Atlant sign Janne Niskala, but lose Jan Bulis | Sports.ru in English".