Hojer winning the European Championships, 2017
|Born||February 9, 1992|
|Occupation||Professional rock climber|
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||77 kg (170 lb)|
|Type of climber||Bouldering|
|Known for||Winning one World Cup and two European Championships|
|Updated on 21 September 2018.|
Jan Hojer (born February 9, 1992) is a German professional rock climber. He is known for winning one World Cup and two European Championships in bouldering. On May 2010, he climbed Action Directe, still considered to be one of the most difficult routes in the world. From 2013 to 2015, he solved several 8C (V15) boulder problems.
Since his performances in lead climbing were never outstanding, in 2011 he quit competing in that discipline and started competing in bouldering. Notable results started coming next year, when he ranked fifth in the Climbing World Championships.
From 2013 to 2015, he solved several outdoor 8C (V15) boulder problems.
Number of medals in the Climbing World Cup
- Quoi de Neuf - Fontainebleau (FRA) - November 21, 2017
- From Dirt Grows the Flowers - Chironico (CHE) - March 8, 2015
- The Story of Two Worlds - Cresciano (CHE) - April 11, 2014
- Le Marathon de Boissy - Fontainebleau (FRA) - March 2014 - First ascent.
- Trip Hop - Fontainebleau (FRA) - October 2013
- The Big Island - Fontainebleau (FRA) - January 2013.
- Jour de Chasse - Fontainebleau (FRA) - December 2013 - First ascent. Hojer graded it a soft 8C, possibly because he did not use a heel hook that, according to some repeaters, makes it easier to climb.
- Dreamtime - Cresciano (CHE) - February 18, 2013. Rated 8C by Hojer, who described it as "much harder than any 8B+ i've ever tried.."
- IFSC, ed. (July 20, 2017). "Hojer's profile and rankings". Retrieved July 20, 2017.
- Jan Hojer climbs Action Directe on climbing.de, Incl. Video. November 4, 2010
- IFSC, ed. (July 20, 2017). "World Cup Rankings". Retrieved July 20, 2017.
- Quoi de Neuf 8c jan hojer
- Hojer sends The Story of Two Worlds V15
- Le Marathon de Boissy 8c Boissy aux Cailles
- Jan Hojer repeating The Big Island (V15) on ukclimbing.com, Incl. Video.
- Comments about Jour de Chasse on 8a.nu
- Hojer's boulders on 8a.nu
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adam Ondra.|