Jan Jacob Schultens (1716-1788)
Jan Jacob Schultens (19 September 1716, Franeker - 27 November 1788, Leiden) was a Dutch orientalist. He was the son of philologist Albert Schultens. In 1742 he obtained his doctorate in theology at Leiden, later serving as a professor of Oriental languages at Herborn (1744-1749), and afterwards succeeded to his fathers chair at Leiden.
- De utilitate dialectorum orientalium ad tuendam integritatem cod. hebr, 1742.
- Oratio de fructibus redundantibus ex penitiore linguarum orientalium cognitione, 1749.
- Bibliotheca Schultensiana, sive, Catalogus librorum, quos collegit vir clarissimus Johannes Jacobus Schultensius, 1780.
- "The Albert and Jan Jacob Schultens Manuscript Collection", publisher: Princeton Theological Seminary Library, 1993.
- Library of Congress — the source for the Dutch version of his name (listed as John James in the 1911 Britannica)