As a student Jan Kyhle attended the Adolf Fredrik's Music School in Stockholm. He began his singing career in the bands Lustans Lakejer and Reeperbahn in the early 1980s and then applied to the University College of Opera, Stockholm (Operahögskolan). In 1991 he had his breakthrough when he sang the role of Siegmund in The Valkyrie at the Royal Swedish Opera in Stockholm. Some of his other roles in opera are:
- Pelléas in Pelléas and Mélisande by Debussy (1993, Royal Swedish Opera).
- The title role in Doktor Glas by Arne Mellnäs (1994, Royal Swedish Opera).
- Siegmund in The Valkyrie by Wagner:
- Grigory in Boris Godunov by Mussorgsky (2005, Gothenburg opera).
- The Prince in Rusalka by Dvořák (2006, Norrland Opera).
- The title role in Parsifal by Wagner (2007, Gothenburg Opera).
He has also sung roles in musicals, including:
- Passarino in The Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber (1989, Stockholm)
- Raoul in the same musical (1992)
- Jean Valjean in Les Misérables by Claude-Michel Schönberg:
- Guido in Nine by Maury Yeston (2002, Malmö Opera and Musical Theatre).
|This article about a Swedish opera singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|