Jan Nepomucen Bobrowicz
|Jan Nepomucen Bobrowicz|
12 May 1805|
2 November 1881 (aged 76)|
Jan Nepomucen (de) Bobrowicz (12 May 1805 – 2 November 1881) was a Polish virtuoso guitarist, composer, music editor, and publisher.
Bobrowicz was born in Kraków.
He worked as an editor for the music-publishing firm of Breitkopf & Härtel in Leipzig, Germany. Later he ran his own publishing business. He was responsible for probably hundreds of titles, published mainly in Polish.
The venture which brought him probably the most fame was the 4th–10th editions of the original classical genealogical and heraldic reference, Herbarz Polski (The Polish Armorial), by heraldist and author Kasper Niesiecki (1682–1744). They appeared under Breitkopf & Härtel imprint between 1839 and 1846.
Most of Bobrowicz's guitar pieces are in the form of themes and variations.
He died in Dresden.
- Grandes variations sur un duo de l'opéra 'Don Juan' op. 6
- Variations on a Ukrainian Song op. 7
- Variations on an Original Theme op. 10
- Introduction, Variations and Polonaise on a Tyrolese Theme op. 13
- Variations on the Cavatine from 'Zelmira' by Gioacchino Rossini op. 16
- Variations on a Favourite Waltz op. 18
- Introduction and Variations on Polish Song 'Ja ciebie nie zapomnę' op. 20
- Variations de bravoure on 'Oh! cara memoria' by M. Caraffa op. 28
- Bobrowicz, Jan (2005). Komarnicki, Krzysztof, ed. J.N. de Bobrowicz, Selected Works, Variations (in English and Polish). 1. Dallas: DGA Editions, Digital Guitar Archive. ISBN 9780977692606.
- Free scores by Jan Nepomucen Bobrowicz at the International Music Score Library Project (IMSLP)
- ANNALA, HANNU (2010-10-07). Handbook of Guitar and Lute Composers. Mel Bay Publications. ISBN 9781609743536.
- "Selected works vol. 1" Jan Nepomucen Bobrowicz, Robert Coldwell, Digital Guitar Archive, 2005 (vol. 2, 2009).
- Niesiecki, Kasper (1839–1846). Bobrowicz, Jan, ed. Kasper Niesiecki - HERBARZ POLSKI Kaspra Niesieckiego S.J. (in Polish). 10. Leipzig: Breitkopf und Härtel.
- Krzysztof Komarnicki, Form-integrating Elements in the Variation Cycles by Jan Nepomucen Bobrowicz. Guitar and Lute.
- Batorowska, H., Jan Nepomucen Bobrowicz: polski wydawca i księgarz w Saksonii w czasach Wielkiej Emigracji (Jan Nepomucen Bobrowicz: Polish Publisher and Bookseller in Saxony during the Great Emigration), Kraków, 1992.
- Koczorowski, S.P., "Bobrowicz, Jan Nepomucen", Polski Słownik Biograficzny (Polish Biographical Dictionary), vol. 2, Kraków, 1936, pp. 157–58.
- Walczy, Z., "Bobrowicz, Jan Nepomucen", Słownik pracowników książki polskiej (Dictionary of Polish Book People), edited by J. Treichel, Warsaw, 1972, pp. 73–74.
|This article about a Polish composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|