Jan Willem Klop
|Jan Willem Klop|
December 19, 1945|
|Thesis||Combinatory Reduction Systems (1980)|
|Doctoral advisor||Dirk van Dalen, Henk Barendregt|
|Doctoral students||Jörg Endrullis, Clemens Grabmayer, Jeroen Ketema, Massimo Marchiori, Aart Middeldorp, Robert Jan van Glabbeek, Vincent van Oostrom, Femke van Raamsdonk|
|Notable awards||University of East Anglia honorary doctorate (2002), IFIP WG 1.6 honorary member (2011)|
Jan Willem Klop (born 1945) is a professor of applied logic at Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam. He holds a Ph.D. in mathematical logic from Utrecht University. Klop is known for his work on the Algebra of Communicating Processes, co-author of TeReSe and his fixed point combinator
- Yk = (L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L)
- L = λabcdefghijklmnopqstuvwxyzr. (r (t h i s i s a f i x e d p o i n t c o m b i n a t o r))
- Jan Willem Klop (1980). Combinatory Reduction Systems (PDF) (Ph.D. thesis). Utrecht University.
- J.C.M. Baeten, Jan Bergstra, Jan Willem Klop (1987). "Term Rewriting Systems with Priorities". In Lescanne, Pierre. Rewriting Techniques and Applications, 2nd Int. Conf., RTA-87. LNCS. 256. Springer. pp. 83–94. — preceding technical report FVI 86-03
- Y. Toyama, Jan Willem Klop, Henk Barendregt (1989). "Termination for the Direct Sum of left-Linear Term Rewriting Systems -Preliminary Draft-". In Nachum Dershowitz. Rewriting Techniques and Applications, 3rd Int. Conf., RTA-89. LNCS. 355. Springer. pp. 477–491. — preceding technical report IEICE COMP 88-90
- N. Dershowitz, Jean-Pierre Jouannaud, Jan Willem Klop (1991). "Open Problems in Rewriting". In Ronald V. Book. Rewriting Techniques and Applications, 4th Int. Conf., RTA-91 (PDF). LNCS. 488. Springer. pp. 445–456.
- Kennaway, R. and Klop, J.W. and Sleep, M.R. and de Vries, F.-J. (1991). "Transfinite Reductions in Orthogonal Term Rewriting Systems (Extended Abstract)". In Book, Ronald V. Rewriting Techniques and Applications, 4th Int. Conf., RTA-91 (PDF). LNCS. 488. Springer. pp. 1–12.
- Dershowitz, N. and Jouannaud, J.-P. and Klop, J.W. (1993). "More Problems in Rewriting". In Kirchner, Claude. Rewriting Techniques and Applications, 5th Int. Conf., RTA-93 (PDF). LNCS. 690. Springer. pp. 468–487.
- Kennaway, R. and Klop, J.W. and Sleep, M.R. and de Vries, F.-J. (1995). "Infinitary Lambda Calculi and Böhm Models". In Hsiang, Jieh. 6th Int. Conf. on Rewriting Techniques and Applications (RTA). LNCS. 914. Springer. pp. 257–270.
- Klop, J.W. (1998). "Origin Tracking in Term Rewriting (invited lecture)". In Tobias Nipkow. Rewriting Techniques and Applications, 9th Int. Conf., RTA-98. LNCS. 1379. Springer. p. 1.
- Curriculum vitae
- Marc Bezem; Jan Willem Klop; Roel de Vrijer, eds. (2003). Terese — Term Rewriting Systems. Cambridge Tracts in Theoretical Computer Science. 55. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Jan Willem Klop (2007). "New Fixed Point Combinators From Old" (PDF). In Erik Barendsen; Herman Geuvers; Venanzio Capretta; Milad Niqui. Reflections on Type Theory, Lambda Calculus, and the Mind — Essays Dedicated to Henk Barendregt on the Occasion of his 60th Birthday]. University Nijmegen. pp. 197–210. ISBN 978-90-9022446-6. Here: nr.1.3, p.198
- "Jan Willem Klop". Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences. Archived from the original on 8 February 2016. Retrieved 8 February 2016.
|This article about a person from the Netherlands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a European mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|