Jana (given name)
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009)|
JANA is a Swahili word meaning yesterday.
|Look up Jana in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Jana is the spelling of several unrelated given names.
- a Slavic short-form for Johanna
- a Catalan and occitan old name
- the Roman goddess Diana, who was often called Jana
- In India however, Jana is a shortform for the Hindu god Janarthanan.
- In Arabic it's a noun which means Earn or Reap, used as a female name, but is pronounced as Jana جنى
- In Albanian short for Jehona which means echo, other short names include Jona, Ana, Hona
Other short forms of Johanna include Jana (Serbian Latin) Јана (Serbian Cyrillic)(Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia, Macedonia), Jaina, Jane, Janet, Janina (Polish), Janita, Jantina, Janka (Bulgarian, Hungarian), Janica, Jaana (Finnish), Janine, Janna, Janne, Jeanne, (Danish), Yana. It can also be a short form of Jehona (Albanian).
People identified as Jana
- Jana Duggar (born 1990), reality TV star
- Jana Hawkes Fisher, a character on the American soap opera The Young and the Restless
- Jana Hunter, musician
- Jana Jordan (born 1986), American pornographic actress and model
- Jana Kramer (born 1983), American actress and country music singer
- Jana Mashonee, Native American singer
- Jana Nejedly (born 1974), Canadian tennis player but she was born in Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic
- Jana Novotná (born 1968), Czech former tennis player
- Jana Pallaske (born 1979), German actress
- Jana Pittman (born 1982), Australian athlete
- Jana Tucholke (born 1981), German former discus thrower