|Born||6 July 1993|
Jana Burčeska (Macedonian: Јана Бурческа, IPA: [ˈjana ˈburtʃɛska], born 6 July 1993) is a Macedonian singer. She represented Macedonia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Ukraine, with the song "Dance Alone". Burčeska first came to prominence in her native country in 2011 after competing in Macedonian Idol.
In 2011, Burčeska competed in Macedonian Idol and came fifth. On 21 November 2016, Macedonian Radio Television announced that the singer would represent Macedonia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017, with the song "Dance Alone". She took part in the second semi-final of the contest on 11 May 2017, however failed to qualify to the final, placing 15th with 69 points. In her Eurovision postcard, aired before her performance, she announced her pregnancy. Later that evening, when interviewed on-air by host Timur Miroshnychenko, her boyfriend Alexander proposed to her and she accepted. The news made headlines worldwide with a few news outlets stating it "stole the show".
In October 2017, Burčeska gave birth to a baby girl named Dona.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Dance Alone"||2017||8||Non-album single|
- Windle, Lauren (11 May 2017). "Who is Macedonia's Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entry? Jana Burčeska to perform Dance Alone". The Sun. Archived from the original on 13 May 2017. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- Jordan, Paul (13 May 2017). "EXCLUSIVE: Here are the results of the Semi-Finals!". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 14 May 2017.
- Houghton, Rianne (11 May 2017). "Macedonian Eurovision hopeful reveals her pregnancy during tonight's semi-final – AND gets engaged too". Digital Spy. Archived from the original on 13 May 2017. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- Johnson, Alex (11 May 2017). "Eurovision 2017: Live Marriage Proposal Steals the Show From Saturdays Finalists". NBCNews.com. Archived from the original on 13 May 2017. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- Birney, Karen (12 May 2017). "Dramatic Eurovision proposal steals the show". Irish Independent. independent.ie. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "Eurovision 2017: Live marriage proposal surprises audiences". BBC News Online. 12 May 2017. Archived from the original on 13 May 2017. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- Peak chart positions for singles in Macedonia:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jana Burčeska.|
| Macedonia in the Eurovision Song Contest
with "Lost and Found"
|This article about a Macedonian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|