Jana Ina grew up in Petropolis, city of the state of Rio de Janeiro, where she took up a number of dancing classes including Salsa, Mambo, Ballet, Jazz and Samba. She'd taken singing classes for eleven years and sang in a choir as a back up singer. At 15, she signed up at a modeling agency. After completing school in 1994, Jana Ina began studying Journalism at the State University of Rio de Janeiro.
In 1999 she moved to Germany, where her great-grandparents are originally from. Soon after moving, she received offers to record an album. She performed at numerous beauty pageants and international events, such as the Miss Intercontinental' contest, which she served as a jury as well.
Jana married Giovanni Zarrella and has a son.
- 2002: Yo Te Quiero
- 2003: Make My Day
- 2003: Tanze Samba mit mir (with Hape Kerkeling)
- 2004: Samba in Mettmann
- 2006: Mr. Nanny (TV-Film, ZDF)
- 2004-2006: Network reporter at GIGA
- 2007: The Model and the Freak
- 2008: Jana Ina & Giovanni - We're pregnant
- 2010: Jana Ina & Giovanni - Pizza, Pasta & Amore 
- 2017: Curvy Supermodel