||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015)|
Kramer in 2012
|Born||Jana Rae Kramer
December 2, 1983
Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States
|Spouse(s)||Michael Gambino (2004)
Johnathon Schaech (2010-2011)
Mike Caussin (2015-present)
Jana Rae Kramer (born December 2, 1983) is an American actress and country music singer. She is best known for her role as Alex Dupre on the television series One Tree Hill. Kramer began a country music career in 2012 with the single "Why Ya Wanna" from her self-titled debut album for Elektra Records.
Kramer was born in Rochester, Michigan, United States, to Nora and Martin Kramer. Jana has one brother Steve who is a police officer. Jana attended Rochester Adams High School. She speaks some German.
2002–11: acting career and record deal
In 2002, Kramer made her acting debut in the low-budget independent horror film Dead/Undead. The following year Kramer guest appeared on All My Children which marked Kramer's television debut. Kramer has since continued to appear in a number of television shows such as CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice and CSI: NY. She has also had small supporting roles in films such as Click, Prom Night and Spring Breakdown.
In 2007, Kramer appeared in a recurring role on the NBC sports drama television series Friday Night Lights. She played the role of Noelle Davenport in the series' second season. In 2008 Kramer appeared in The CW teen drama series 90210, a reboot of the 1990s teen drama television series Beverly Hills 90210. Kramer played the role of high school student Portia Ranson and made her debut in the first season's second episode "The Jet Set". Her role went on for six episodes and Kramer made her final appearance in "The Party's Over", which aired May 5, 2009.
In June 2009, it was announced Kramer would star in the CW drama television series seventh season of One Tree Hill. Kramer played the role of Alex Dupre, an actress and tabloid darling who becomes the new face of Brooke Davis's fashion line, "Clothes Over Bros", and creates havoc for the residents of Tree Hill. Kramer made her debut in the season's first episode. Initially Kramer's appearance on the show was meant to be in a recurring form, but her role was upgraded to a series regular by the season's fourteenth episode, "Family Affair". In March 2012, Kramer announced she would not appear regularly in the show's ninth and final season in order to pursue her music career. Kramer made her final appearance in the second episode of the ninth season, "In the Room Where You Sleep", which aired on January 18, 2012.
In February 2011, Kramer signed a recording contract with Elektra Records. That same month she premiered her promo track, "I Won't Give Up", which premiered in the One Tree Hill episode, "Holding Out for a Hero", and was released the following day exclusively on iTunes and Amazon. The song reached number 75 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. The following month Kramer began work on her debut album. Country music producer Scott Hendricks produced the majority of the record. In April 2011, Kramer released another promo track, titled "Whiskey", which she also performed on One Tree Hill. The song reached number 99 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart on digital sales alone.
2012–present: continued acting and Jana Kramer
In February 2012, Kramer was cast as the protagonist in the independent drama film, Heart of the Country, playing the role of a privileged young woman, Faith Carraday, who is following her show-biz dreams but leaves it all and moves to rural North Carolina after her husband is jailed for Wall Street fraud. Kramer is also attached to a horror film named The Gatekeeper.
On January 16, 2012, Kramer released her official debut single, "Why Ya Wanna". Kramer premiered the official music video, directed by Kristin Barlowe, on February 6, 2012. The song peaked at number 52 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and number 3 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. "Whiskey" is the album's second official single.
On June 1, 2012, Kramer made her first televised live performance on Fox & Friends to promote her debut album. She performed "Why Ya Wanna" in front of a crowd of fans in New York City. On June 5, 2012, Kramer released her self-titled debut album Jana Kramer. The record received positive reviews from critics with many praising Kramer's vocal performance.
On June 5, 2013, Nationwide Insurance released the first of a series of commercials in its "Join the Nation" campaign featuring Kramer as a stealthy woman dressed in black leather who follows a team of burglars and replaces the items they steal with newer versions to promote Nationwide's "Brand New Belongings" initiative. Nationwide had signed Kramer to sing the Nationwide jingle in August 2012. A second commercial, released in April 2014, featured Kramer's character replacing items in a fire-blackened apartment to promote Nationwide's renters' insurance. In November 2014, Jana reprised her Nationwide role, this time as a sexy Santa Claus-like figure replacing items during Christmas season. Nationwide's advertising partner McKinney is behind the spots.
Kramer's first marriage was to Michael Gambino in Las Vegas, NV in 2004. They divorced several months later.
On December 22, 2009, Kramer became engaged to actor Johnathon Schaech. The couple met on the set of Prom Night and appeared as a couple in the film Laid to Rest. They were married on July 4, 2010, in Glen Arbor, Michigan. However, the marriage lasted a little over a month before the couple separated. Their divorce was finalized in June 2011.
It was announced in September 2012 that Kramer was dating country music singer Brantley Gilbert. They met at the 2012 CMT Music Awards in June. The couple got engaged on January 20, 2013, his 28th birthday. They split in August 2013.
In August 2014, Kramer began dating Washington Redskins tight end Mike Caussin whom she met on Twitter. She announced just weeks later on social media and during a show, however that they had split up because he cheated on her. Shortly after that, she publicly forgave him and they got back together. During CMA week in November 2014, Kramer spoke for the first time about her failed relationship with Gilbert saying, she was in an unhealthy place and as a result, picked unhealthy relationships. She spoke of her relationship with Caussin saying she was now in a healthy place and a healthy relationship. Jana Kramer and Michael Caussin became engaged in December 2014 on her 31st birthday and got married on May 22, 2015
|2002||Dead/Undead||Alice St. James|
|2003||All My Children||Unknown||TV series (unknown episodes); uncredited|
|2003||The Passage||Bartender at Alvin's|
|2003||Blood Games||Mistress Tiamat||Credited as Jana Rae|
|2005||Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis||Katie Williams||Kramer could not finish filming|
|2006||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Unknown||TV series (1 episode: "Post Mortem"); uncredited|
|2006||CSI: NY||Paige Rowand||TV series (1 episode: "Sweet 16")|
|2007||Friday Night Lights||Noelle Davenport||TV series (6 episodes)|
|2008||Can You Duet||Herself||TV series (2 episodes)|
|2008||Grey's Anatomy||Lola||TV series (2 episodes)|
|2008||The Poker Club||Trudy Todaro|
|2008–09||90210||Portia Ranson||TV series (6 episodes)|
|2009||Private Practice||Lyla||TV series (1 episode: "What Women Want")|
|2009||Laid to Rest||Jamie|
|2009||Spring Breakdown||Seven #2|
|2009||Entourage||Brooke Manning||TV series (4 episodes)|
|2009-12||One Tree Hill||Alex Dupre (Alice Whitehead)||TV series (38 episodes)|
|2012||Heart of The Country||Faith Carraday|
|2013||"Dance Moms"||Herself||TV Series (1 episode: "Welcome Back... Now Don't Get Too Comfy")|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Sales||Certifications||Album|
|US Country Airplay
|2012||"Why Ya Wanna"||3||3||50||—||100||Jana Kramer|
|2013||"I Hope It Rains"||—||42||—||—||—|
|2015||"I Got the Boy"A||28||29||111||—||—||
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
- ACurrent single.
Other charted songs
|US Country Digital
|2011||"I Won't Give Up"||6||75||Jana Kramer|
|2012||"What I Love About Your Love"||30||—|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|2012||"Why Ya Wanna"||Kristin Barlowe|
|"One of the Boys"|
|"I Hope It Rains"|
|"What I Love About Your Love"|
|"I Hope It Rains"||Kristin Barlowe|
|2015||"I Got the Boy"||Kristin Barlowe|
Awards and nominations
|2012||American Country Awards||Artist of the Year: New Artist||Nominated|
|Single of the Year: New Artist- "Why You Wanna"||Nominated|
|Music Video of the Year: New Artist- "Why You Wanna"||Nominated|
|2013||ACM Awards||Top New Female Artist||Won|
|Top New Artist||Nominated|
|CMT Music Awards||Female Video of the Year : "Why Ya Wanna"||Nominated|
|Breakthrough Video of the Year : "Why Ya Wanna"||Nominated|
- Crawfis, Jesse (February 28, 2012). "Actress, Country Music Star Returns To Her Hometown With Video". The Oakland Press. Retrieved February 28, 2012.
- "New Artist Spotlight: Jana Kramer". Great American County. Retrieved June 4, 2012.
- Dauphin, Chuck (March 21, 2012). "Spotlight: Jana Kramer Gave Up 'One Tree Hill' for Music Dreams". Billboard. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- "Heart of the Country Website".
- "Jana Kramer Stars in New Nationwide Ad". Nationwide Blog. June 5, 2013. Retrieved May 17, 2014.
- "-your-side"-jingle "Jana Kramer Signed to Sing Nationwide's 'On Your Side' Jingle". JanaKramer.com. August 10, 2012. Retrieved May 17, 2014.
- "Watch Jana Kramer's Sexy-as-Usual New Nationwide TV Spot". ArtistDirect.com. April 10, 2014. Retrieved May 17, 2014.
- "Work for Nationwide". McKinney.com. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Blake Shelton Tour Dates 2013 Will Be ‘Ten Times Crazier’". Theboot.com. January 17, 2013. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- "Independent Michigan film 'Approaching Midnight' premieres in Royal Oak". The Oakland Press. September 9, 2013. Retrieved September 17, 2013.
- Finn, Natalie (August 9, 2010). "One Tree Hill Actress's Marriage Over After a Month". E! Online. Retrieved September 8, 2013.
- "One Tree Hill's Jana Rae Kramer Finalizes Divorce". Us Weekly. June 8, 2011. Retrieved September 8, 2013.
- Dukes, Billy (September 21, 2012). "Brantley Gilbert Confirms That He and Jana Kramer Are Dating". Taste of Country. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- Takeda, Allison (August 15, 2013). "Jana Kramer Split: Singer, Fiance Brantley Gilbert Call Off Engagement". Us Weekly. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- . CMT News. April 9, 2015 http://www.cmt.com/news/1752987/jana-kramer-wedding-date-and-tour-dates/. Retrieved 12 August 2015. Missing or empty
- http://nashvillegab.com/2014/08/jana-kramer-is-single-again.html. Missing or empty
- . November 6, 2014 August 2015 http://hudsonvalleycountry.com/jana-kramer-tells-all-about-her-unhealthy-relationship-with-brantley-gilbert/accessdate=12 August 2015. Missing or empty
- Shelburn, Craig (December 3, 2014). "Jana Kramer Engaged to Michael Caussin". CMT News. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- Webber, Stephanie (2015-05-22). "Jana Kramer Marries Michael Caussin: "We Feel Extremely Blessed" - Us Weekly". Usmagazine.com. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- 1. "Jana Kramer Pregnant; Expecting First Child with Michael Caussin – Moms & Babies – Celebrity Babies and Kids - Moms & Babies - People.com". Celebritybabies.people.com. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- 1 url=http://celebritybabies.people.com/2015/08/17/jana-kramer-pregnant-expecting-daughter-blog/. "Jana Kramer Pregnant; Excepting First Child A Girl with Michael Caussin – Moms & Babies – Celebrity Babies and Kids - Moms & Babies -People.com publisher=Celebritybabies.people.com".
- "Jana Kramer". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- Matt Bjorke (April 17, 2013). "Country Album Chart News For April 17, 2013: Brad Paisley Tops Chart; 17 Country Albums In Top 40; Chuck Wicks EP's Big Debut". Roughstock. Retrieved April 19, 2013.
- "Jana Kramer Album & Song Chart History - Country Songs". Billboard. Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- "Jana Kramer Album & Song Chart History - Country Airplay". Billboard. Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- "Jana Kramer Album & Song Chart History - Hot 100". Billboard. Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- "Jana Kramer Album & Song Chart History - Canada Country". Billboard. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- "Jana Kramer Album & Song Chart History - Canadian Hot 100". Billboard. Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- "American single certifications – Jana Kramer – Why Ya Wanna". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH
- Matt Bjorke (May 1, 2013). "Country Chart News - The Top 30 Digital Singles: The Week of May 1, 2013: George Jones Hits Chart; Darius and FGL Tops". Roughstock. Retrieved May 2, 2013.
- Matt Bjorke (August 24, 2015). "The Top 30 Digital Country Singles: August 24, 2015". Roughstock.
- "Jana Kramer Album & Song Chart History - Country Digital Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved May 23, 2014.
- "Jana Kramer Album & Song Chart History - The Billboard Hot 100". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved May 17, 2014.
- "CMT : Videos : Jana Kramer : Why Ya Wanna". Country Music Television. Retrieved February 6, 2012.
- "Videos: Jana Kramer : Goodbye California". YouTube. Retrieved November 5, 2012.
- "Videos: Jana Kramer : Whiskey". YouTube. Retrieved October 29, 2012.
- "Videos: Jana Kramer : One of the Boys". YouTube. Retrieved June 3, 2012.
- "Videos: Jana Kramer : I Hope It Rains". YouTube. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "Videos: Jana Kramer : What I Love About Your Love". YouTube. Retrieved January 11, 2012.
- "CMT : Videos : Jana Kramer : Whiskey". Country Music Television. Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- "CMT : Videos : Jana Kramer : I Hope It Rains". Country Music Television. Retrieved July 15, 2013.
- "CMT : Videos : Jana Kramer : Love". Country Music Television. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- "CMT : Videos : Jana Kramer : I Got the Boy". Country Music Television. Retrieved April 14, 2015.