Jana Sena Party
|Founded||14 March 2014|
|Headquarters||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|ECI Status||Unrecognised Party|
|National convener||Pawan Kalyan|
Jana Sena or Jana Sena Party is an Indian political party in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, founded by actor turned politician Pawan Kalyan on 14 March 2014. Jana Sena means People’s Army in Telugu. The motto of the party is to Fight for The Rights of every Common Person.
On 10 March 2014, Pawan Kalyan submitted an application for registering the party name.
Pawan Kalyan formally launched the party at Hyderabad International Convention Centre, Madhapur on 14 March 2014. The party has been approved by the election commission on 11 December 2014 and will contest elections in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states for the upcoming 2019 local body elections.Pawan Kalyan started to campaign for the United front of Telugu Desam Party and BJP at the beginning of 2014 general election and succeeded in drawing huge attention from the crowds all over the state outlining his political agenda. His efforts eventually led the respective parties victorious in Andhra Pradesh state and at central level, paving way for the establishment of NDA government. Government of Andhra Pradesh has been considering the recommendations of Pawan Kalyan, which are being at top priority in common man needs.
On 21 February 2017, Pawan Kalyan announced that he will start a website on 14 march 2017 on the occasion of Jana Sena Party anniversary to receive peoples recommendations for party manifesto in 2019 elections.
- Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena Party gets a new logo - The Times of India
- "Election Commission rejected Pawan Kalyan's 'Jana Sena' party registration".
- Suresh Krishnamoorthy (2014-03-07). "Stage set for Pawan Kalyan’s "Jana Sena"". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- Sreenivas, Janyala. "Politics makes rivals of actor brothers Chiranjeevi and Pawan Kalyan". The Indian Express. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- K V Kurmanath. "Pawan Kalyan floats Jana Sena party | Business Line". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- "Telugu actor Pawan Kalyan launches new party - indtoday". indtoday.com. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- Reporter, Staff (2016-11-11). "‘Jana Sena will contest 2019 polls’". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-11-11.
- Reporter, Staff (2017-02-21). "'Janasena new website'". The new indian express.
- "Janasena Party will function in full-fledgedly by 2019: Pawan". news.webindia123.com. Retrieved 2017-03-18.
- "Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena to Contest Assembly Elections in Telangana, AP in 2019". News18. 2017-03-14. Retrieved 2017-03-18.