Jana Sena Party
|Founded||14 March 2014|
|Headquarters||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|ECI Status||State party|
|National convener||Pawan Kalyan|
Jana Sena or Jana Sena Party is an Indian political party in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, founded by actor Pawan Kalyan on 14 March 2014. Jana Sena which means People’s Army in Telugu language.
On March 10, 2014 he submitted an application for registering the party name.
Pawan Kalyan formally launched the party at HICC (Hyderabad International Convention Centre) Madhapur on 14 March 2014. The party has been approved by the election commission on 11 December 2014 and will contest elections in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states for the upcoming 2019 local body elections.Pawan Kalyan started to campaign for the United front of Telugu Desam Party and BJP at the beginning of 2014 general election and succeeded in his campaigning by drawing huge attention from the crowds all over the state, his effort eventually led to the Victories of the respective parties in the state and thus for the establishment of Government.
- Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena Party gets a new logo - The Times of India
- "Election Commission rejected Pawan Kalyan's 'Jana Sena' party registration".
- Suresh Krishnamoorthy (2014-03-07). "Stage set for Pawan Kalyan's "Jana Sena"". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- Sreenivas, Janyala. "Politics makes rivals of actor brothers Chiranjeevi and Pawan Kalyan". The Indian Express. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- K V Kurmanath. "Pawan Kalyan floats Jana Sena party | Business Line". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- "Telugu actor Pawan Kalyan launches new party - indtoday". indtoday.com. Retrieved 2014-03-14.