The Minneapolis, Minnesota-born Bakken has worked on Scrubs since 2001, as a writer, and in 2002 served as a story editor, but was promoted and until 2004, served as an executive story editor. From there to 2005, she worked as a co-producer and in 2006 became a producer, and between 2006 and 2007 was supervising producer of twenty episodes. Aside from Scrubs, she has written the 2005 film Artistic License and two episodes during the third season of Malcolm in the Middle.
She once commented that almost all of the ideas brought into and discussed in the Scrubs' writers' room were parallel to the writers' own lives, and that she specifically had suggested a number of storylines and subplots based on her own life.
- Sarah Chalke (Eliot) and Janae Bakken (writer) comment on "MY COLD SHOWER", ODEO.com; retrieved November 9, 2007.
- Ken P. (October 27, 2005) "Scrubs Bios: Meet and greet", au.movies.ign.com; retrieved November 9, 2007.
- Alumni School of Communication at Northwestern; retrieved November 9, 2007.
- Television Writing Panel: Creative Writing for the Media, Northwestern University School of Communication website; retrieved November 9, 2007.
- Marriages, Summer 2005, Northwestern University; retrieved November 9, 2007.
- Profile, variety.com, March 11, 2008; retrieved September 27, 2008.
|This article about a television writer from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a television producer from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|