|Founder||Janata Dal (United)|
|No. of members||5 Parties|
|Seats in Lok Sabha||
9 / 545Present Members 541 + 1 Speaker
|Seats in Rajya Sabha||
15 / 245Present Members 243
Janata Parivar is an alliance in Indian politics to describe the various political parties that emerged from Janata Dal or others. The 'Janata Parivar' includes, amongst others, Janata Dal (United) and Janata Dal (Secular).
On 14 April 2015, the Janata Dal (United), Janata Dal (Secular), Rashtriya Janata Dal, the Indian National Lok Dal, Samajwadi Party, and Samajwadi Janata Party (Rashtriya) announced that they would merge into a new national Janata Parivar alliance in order to oppose the Bharatiya Janata Party. The Janata Parivar formation took place ahead of the crucial Bihar Legislative Assembly election, 2015. Before the elections, Samajwadi Party broke from the alliance on seat sharing dispute.
|No||Party||Current No. of MPs in Lok Sabha (As of 23 March 2017)||Current No. of MPs in Rajya Sabha (As of 23 March 2017)||Base State|
|1||Janata Dal (United)||2||10||Bihar|
|2||Rashtriya Janata Dal||3||3||Bihar|
|3||Indian National Lok Dal||2||1||Haryana|
|4||Janata Dal (Secular)||2||1||Karnataka|
|5||Samajwadi Janata Party (Rashtriya)||0||0||Uttar Pradesh|
Janata Parivar parties
Parties in the new Janata Parivar Alliance
- Janata Dal (United) of Nitish Kumar
- Rashtriya Janata Dal of Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Janata Dal (Secular) of H. D. Deve Gowda
- Indian National Lok Dal led by Om Prakash Chautala
- Samajwadi Janata Party (Rashtriya) of Late Chandra Shekhar now led by Kamal Morarka
Parties in the United Progressive Alliance
Parties in the National Democratic Alliance
- Lok Janshakti Party of Ram Vilas Paswan
- Rashtriya Lok Samta Party of Upendra Kushwaha
- Hindustani Awam Morcha of Jitan Ram Manjhi
- Samta Party of George Fernandes now led by Brahmanand Mandal and Jaya Jaitley
Other Janata Parivar parties
Parties in the new Third Front (Socialist Secular Morcha) 
- Samajwadi Party of Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Jan Adhikar Party of Pappu Yadav
- Samras Samaj Party
- Jan Kranti Morcha
- Janata Parivar's home base
- "The Hindu : `Janata Parivar' to pressure Govt. to end hostage crisis". hinduonnet.com.
- "Sharad Yadav vows to unite Janata Parivar". The Hindu.
- "6 Parties of Janata Parivar Announce Merger, Mulayam Singh Yadav to be Chief of New Party".
- "Six parties unite to form Janata Parivar; Mulayam is the new party chief".
- "SP teams up with Pappu, NCP, 3 others to form third front".
|This article about an Indian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|