The neutrality of this article's introduction is disputed. (November 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Feroz Khan|
|Produced by||Feroz Khan|
|Written by||K. K. Shukla|
|Music by||Kalyanji Anandji|
|Edited by||Feroz Khan|
Janbaaz (lit. 'Daredevil') is a 1986 Indian film, produced and directed by Feroz Khan, which became popular for its portrayal of drug addiction and Anil Kapoor and Dimple Kapadia's steamy sex scene. Sridevi featured in the song "Har kisiko nahi milta yahan pyaar zindagi mein" which became an instant chart-topping hit. The movie is greatly inspired by the Gregory Peck and Joseph Cotten starrer Hollywood movie Duel in the Sun (1946).
The film was a box office success. Dimple Kapadia's performance was much appreciated and is considered to be one of her best. Her sizzling chemistry and love making scene in the barn with co-star Anil Kapoor; is considered to be one of the boldest in the history of cinema and was one of the major highlights of the film.
Rana Vikram Singh lives in a huge farmhouse with his wife, Laxmi and two sons: Rajesh (Feroz Khan), a police officer and Amar (Anil Kapoor), a fun-loving playboy. Amar's entry begins with him playing a round of loaded Russian Roulette which he wins and proclaims himself jaanbaaz.
Rajesh has gone through a traumatic experience of losing his love Seema (Sridevi), when she succumbed to drug addiction. He vows to fight the drug menace. An underworld kingpin Raja (Shakti Kapoor) murders Rana's old friend. Reshma (Dimple Kapadia), his friend's daughter, takes shelter in Rana's house. Rajesh is on the drug trail. Reshma's father lost a huge bet (by being tricked) to Raja after which Raja killed him in a fake accident.
When Reshma goes to live with them, Amar makes out with her in a horse stable. After savoring Reshma, Amar refuses to marry her. When Rana comes to know of Amar's relationship with Reshma, he warns him that Reshma is not suitable for their family. Reshma is heartbroken but continues to move on with her life. Amar maintains an interest and is jealous to see Reshma in the company of Vikas, an employee at the farmhouse. A fight ensues between Vikas and Amar, and Vikas is killed. Amar is now on the run, and Rajesh has been assigned the task of apprehending him.
- Feroz Khan as Rajesh
- Anil Kapoor as Amar Singh
- Amrish Puri as Rana Vikram Singh
- Sushma Seth as Laxmi Singh
- Dimple Kapadia as Reshma
- Sridevi as Seema
- Shakti Kapoor as Raja
- Raza Murad as Teja
- Puneet Issar as Rocky
- Dalip Tahil as Vikas
- Rekha as an item number in song "Pyar Do Pyar Lo"
The soundtrack was composed by Kalyanji-Anandji. The song "Har Kisi Ko" was later re-worked by Chirantan Bhatt for Boss (2013). The song "Pyaar Do Pyar Lo was recreated twice for Thank You (2011 film) and Marjaavaan, which the song is renamed as Ek To Kum Zindagani.
|1||"Allah-O-Akbar"||Mahesh Gadhvi & Raju|
|2||"Give Me Love"||Miriam Stockley|
|3||"Har Kisi Ko Nahi Milta" (Female)||Sadhana Sargam|
|4||"Har Kisi Ko Nahi Milta" (Male)||Manhar Udhas|
|5||"Har Kisi Ko Nahi Milta" (Duet)||Manhar Udhas, Sadhana Sargam|
|6||"Jab Jab Teri"||Mahesh Gadhvi & Sapna Mukherjee|
|7||"Janbaaz"||Mahesh Gadhvi & Nitu|
|8||"Pyar Do Pyar Lo"||Sapna Mukherjee|
|9||"Tera Saath Hai Kitna"||Kishore Kumar & Sapna Mukherjee|
- Bollywoodirect (20 June 2018). "32 Years of Janbaaz. (20/06/1986) - Bollywoodirect". Medium. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "Sridevi: Top 10 songs of the Hawa Hawai girl of Bollywood". The Indian Express. 28 February 2018. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "Sridevi: The 10 Best Songs". Rediff. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "Playlist: Sridevi's most memorable songs over the years, from 'Naino Me Sapna' to 'Navrai Majhi'- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. 27 February 2018. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "Sridevi Passes Away: A Look Back At Her Most Memorable Roles In Hindi Cinema". News18. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "Happy Birthday Dimple Kapadia: 5 of the actor's best performances". India Today. 8 June 2017. Retrieved 30 June 2019.
- "Arjun Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra in Ishaqzaade - Top 10 intimate scenes at unusual locations in Bollywood films". The Times of India. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- Bureau, Karnataka News. "Anil Kapoor's birthday special: Watch Anil Kapoor's hot scene with Dimple Kapadia". KANNADIGA WORLD. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- admin (10 January 2014). "Anil Kapoor, Dimple Kapadia to repeat kissing scene of Jaanbaaz in Welcome Back". The Canadian Bazaar. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "In Bed with Bollywood". in.news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "HOT: The Best of Dimple Kapadia". News18. 8 June 2010. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "Eternal Beauty Of The Original Bollywood Bombshell Dimple Kapadia". Man's World India. 17 April 2018. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "'My relationships are not all about sex'". DNA India. 7 May 2008. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- Chaturvedi, Ankit (14 March 2008). "RAM KRISHNA: Bollywood's Sexiest Scenes". RAM KRISHNA. Retrieved 1 July 2019.