Jane Fonda's Workout Book
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Illustrator||Steve Schapiro (photographer)|
|Published||Simon & Schuster 1981|
Jane Fonda's Workout Book is a nonfiction book about exercise written by actress Jane Fonda. It was published in 1981 and made the top five on the New York Times nonfiction hardback bestseller list. A workout video was made from the book. It was also adapted into an album.
About the book
This book is a presentation of an exercise program for women, the first by a celebrity. The exercise program is based on a dancer's warm-up and provides detailed instructions for a beginner's routine and an advanced routine.
- This book was later made into the exercise video Jane Fonda's Workout, with a 30-minute beginners' class and a 60-minute advanced session.
- An album Jane Fonda's Workout Record was issued in 1982 (cassette copies were billed as Jane Fonda's Workout Tape), it reached the top 40 in both the UK & US, peaking at #7  and # 15 respectively. 
- The book was on the No. 1 bestseller list for over 6 months and over 16 months in the top five in 1983.
Other books by Jane Fonda include:
- Being a Teen: Everything Teen Girls and Boys should know about Relationships, Sex, Love, Health, Identity and More
- My Life So Far
- Jane Fonda: Cooking for Healthy Living
- Jane Fonda's New Pregnancy Workout and Total Birth Program
- Jane Fonda's New Workout Book
- Jane Fonda's New Workout and Weightloss Program
- Women Coming of Age
- Jane Fonda's Year of Fitness, Health and Nutrition
- Jane Fonda's Health and Fitness Diary
- AHEARN, KERRY (1983). "Review of One Way To Spell Man: Essays With a Western Bias". Western American Literature. 18 (1): 52–53. ISSN 0043-3462. JSTOR 43018777.
- "Workout (Video 1982) Plot Summary". IMDB. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- Morse, Margaret (1987). "Artemis Aging: Exercise and the Female Body on Video". Discourse. 10 (1): 23. ISSN 1522-5321. JSTOR 41389096.
- "Jane Fonda's Workout Book". Kirkus. Retrieved 22 Sep 2019.
- "Workout (Video 1982)". IMDB. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- Garner, Dwight (2008-02-24). "Inside the List". New York Times. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- "Author: Jane Fonda". Worldcat.org. Retrieved 22 September 2019.