Jane Green (author)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009)|
Jane Green (born May 31, 1968), is the pen name of Jane Green Warburg, an English author of women's novels. Together with Helen Fielding she is considered a founder of the genre known as chick lit.
Green was born in London, England. She attended the University of Wales, Aberystwyth and worked as a journalist throughout her twenties, writing women's features for The Daily Express, The Daily Mail, Cosmopolitan and others. At 27, she published her first book, Straight Talking, which went straight on to the bestseller lists, and launched her career as "the queen of chick lit".
Frequent themes in her most recent books include cooking, class wars, children, infidelity, and female friendship. She says she does not write about her life, but is inspired by the themes of her life.
In addition to novels, she has taught at writers conferences, and writes for various publications including The Sunday Times, Parade magazine, Wowowow.com, and The Huffington Post.
Green is divorced and remarried and lives in Connecticut with her second husband, Ian Warburg, six children, two dogs and four cats. Actively philanthropic, her foremost charities are The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, Paul Newman's camp for children with life-threatening illnesses, Bethel Recovery Center, and various breast cancer charities. She is also a supporter of the Westport Public Library, and the Westport Country Playhouse.
- Jemima J: A Novel About Ugly Ducklings and Swans (2000)
- Mr. Maybe (2001)
- Bookends (2002)
- Babyville: A Novel (2003)
- Straight Talking: A Novel (2003)
- Spellbound [UK] / To Have and to Hold [US] (2003)
- The Other Woman: A Novel (2005)
- This Christmas (2005)
- Life Swap [UK] / Swapping Lives [US] (2006)
- Second Chance (2007)
- The Beach House (2008)
- Girl Friday [UK] / Dune Road [US] (2009)
- The Love Verb [UK] / Promises to Keep [US] (2010)
- The Patchwork Marriage [UK] / Another Piece of my Heart [US] (2012)
- The Accidental Husband [UK] / Family Pictures [US] (2013)
- Tempting Fate (2014)
- Saving Grace (2015)
- Cat and Jemima J (2015)
- Summer Secrets (2015)
|This article about a novelist from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|