|Born||30 April 1934
|Known for||costume designer|
Jane Greenwood (born 30 April 1934) is a costume designer for the stage, television, film, opera, and dance. Born in Liverpool, England, she works both in England and the United States. She has been nominated for the Tony Award for costume design twenty times.
Greenwood attended Liverpool Art School and the Central School of Arts and Crafts, and then started working at the Oxford Playhouse, in charge of the costume department. She started working in the Ray Diffen costume shop in New York City in 1962. In New York, she met and married scenic designer and producer Ben Edwards.
Greenwood's work includes designing for over 100 productions, The Ballad of the Sad Cafe (1963), her first Broadway play, to Hamlet with Richard Burton (1964), 70, Girls, 70 (1971), Romantic Comedy (1979), The Sisters Rosensweig (1993), and Stephen Sondheim's Passion (1994).
In addition to her many Broadway credits, she has designed costumes for many productions for the Manhattan Theatre Club, recently Accent on Youth (2009), Lincoln Center Theater, recently Belle Epoque, 2005, and The Roundabout Theatre Company, Waiting for Godot (2009), A Month in the Country (1994–95), Outer Critics Circle Award nomination, and She Loves Me (1992–93).
Greenwood has been awarded the 2014 Tony Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Theatre. The executive directors of the Broadway League and American Theater Wing said, in part "She has made a significant imprint on the history of Broadway with her artistry. Her work has not only elevated the craft of costume design but has inspired generations of designers to come."
- Lucille Lortel Award, (costume design) Old Money (2001)
- Henry Hewes Design Award, (costume design) Our Leading Lady (2007)
- Lucille Lortel Award, (costume design) Sylvia (1996)
- Henry Hewes Design Award, (costume design) Sylvia (1995)
- American Theater Hall of Fame (2003) 
- Tony Award, Lifetime Achievement in the Theatre (2014)
- Tony Awards tonyawards.com, accessed 26 May 2014
- Biography filmreference.com, accessed 15 May 2009
- Turner, Ben. "Lord Justice Leveson and LFC ace Jamie Carragher among Liverpool JohnMoores fellowship recipients". Liverpool Daily Post. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- Rothstein, Mervyn."A Life in the Theatre: Jane Greenwood", playbill.com, 28 June 2008
- Henahan, Donal."'Ariadne' at the Met",The New York Times, 27 September 1987
- "Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater - Night Creature, Cry, The River, Revelations", exploredance.com, 5 December 2006
- Lyman, Rick."On Stage and Off"The New York Times, 10 April 1998
- Gans, Andrew."Costume Designer Jane Greenwood Will Receive Special Tony Award for Lifetime Achievement" playbill.com, 08 April 2014
- Simonson, Robert.2004 "Inductees of Theatre Hall of Fame Announced", playbill.com, 13 October 2003