Jane Hall (actress)
20 January 1971 |
Hamilton, Victoria, Australia
|Occupation||Actress, comedian, writer, presenter|
|Partner(s)||Vince Colosimo (????–2007)|
A child actress, Hall began her acting career in 1985, with a guest role in the television series The Henderson Kids, opposite Stefan Dennis. She performed in school productions at Belgrave South Primary School  and also appeared in amateur High School productions.
Hall reached large audiences through her long running role in situation comedy series All Together Now, which also starred Jon English, Rebecca Gibney and Steven Jacobs. Hall played Anna Sumner, a twin who finds out her real father is a 1970s rock star living in the past. The program focused on the comedy situations in dealing with this discovery and her father's eccentric personality. Hall previously regularly filled in for Kate Langbroek on Nova 100's breakfast show Hughesy, Kate & Dave, while Langbroek was on maternity leave..
In mid-2007 Hall joined Neighbours on Network Ten, on 10 October 2010 it was announced that Hall had resigned and she left in 2011. Of her departure, Hall said "I've decided it's time to say 'au revoir' to Erinsborough. It's sad to be leaving… but I'm looking forward to the future and new and exciting acting adventures." In October 2013 it was announced that Hall would be reprising the role of Rebecca on Neighbours for a four-week guest stint. Filming took place in November 2013 and aired in Australia in February 2014, and March 2014 in the UK. .
In August 2012, Hall replaced Yumi Stynes co-hosting the 3PM Pick-Up on Mix 1011 with Chrissie Swan. After Swan was axed, it was announced that Hall would take over the breakfast radio show Matt & Jane with Matt Tilley on the rebranded KIIS 101.1
Born in Hamilton Victoria, Hall grew up in the Dandenong Ranges. She attended Tecoma Primary School, Belgrave South Primary School  and Upwey High School. At high school she appeared in High School productions.
Hall has a daughter, Lucia, born 22 December 2002 in Melbourne to her former partner, Australian actor Vince Colosimo, whom she met on the set of A Country Practice. Hall moved out of the couple's former home in Northcote, Victoria in January 2007.
- Razzle Dazzle: A Journey Into Dance (2007) as Miss Elizabeth
- The Nugget (2002) as Lucy
- Rip Girls (2000) as Arlene
- The Craic (1999) as Alice
- Dead Letter Office (1998) as Heather
- House Husbands as Sarah (2012)
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? as Herself (2009)
- The 7PM Project as Herself (2009)
- Rove as Herself (2008)
- Neighbours as Rebecca Napier/Robinson (2007–2011, 2014)
- The Starter Wife as Sharon (2007)
- Life as Rachel Cardamone (2005)
- Marshall Law as Prue Stanley (2002)
- The Secret Life Of Us as Vivianne (2001)
- One Way Ticket as Kate Stark (1997)
- A Country Practice as Jess Morrison (1994)
- All Together Now as Anna Sumner (1990–1993)
- Home and Away as Rebecca Nash (1989)
- Prime Time as Sandy Lockhart (1986)
- The Henderson Kids as Regina Powell (1985)
- "Australian Television: The Henderson Kids". Australian Television Information Archive. Retrieved 21 June 2010.
- "Glory Days - Memories of Belgrave South Primary School and its community", by Southern Sherbrooke Historical Society, 2011
- Knox, David (11 October 2010). "Jane Hall quits Neighbours :TV Tonight". TV Tonight. TV Tonight. Retrieved 10 October 2010.
- "TenPlay: Jane Hall returns to Neighbours". Tenplay.com. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- Wilson, Kim (6 December 2014). "Jane Hall on being anointed as the star of Melbourne's airwaves over her co-host Chrissie Swan". Herald Sun. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- "Jane Hall to return to acting after announcing departure from radio". Retrieved 2015-10-02.
- Jane Hall relies on her neighbours for babysitting « Aussie Bub Blog. Aussiebubblog.wordpress.com (2007-07-27). Retrieved on 2012-11-21.
- "Vince Colosimo and Jane Hall in fresh court spat". news.com.au. 9 January 2009. Retrieved 12 January 2009.