|Dean of Norwich|
|Diocese||Diocese of Norwich|
|Other posts||Canon Steward, Westminster Abbey (2006–2014)|
Archdeacon of Westminster (2006–2009 & 2010–2014)
Sub-Dean of Westminster (2013–2014)
|Born||6 April 1956|
|Alma mater||Durham University|
Hedges trained for ministry at Cranmer Hall, Durham in 1978. She had previously completed a General Arts degree at Durham University. As the laws of the Church of England changed to allow women’s ministry, Hedges’ career progressed: she was ordained deacon in 1987 and priest in 1994.
In 2006, she moved to London, as Canon Steward of Westminster Abbey and Archdeacon of Westminster. In 2013, she became Sub-Dean of the Abbey. Hedges was installed as Dean of Norwich at a service on 21 June 2014. She is the 39th Dean of Norwich and the first female Dean in Norwich Cathedral’s 900 year history.
Hedges is married to Chris Hedges (b. 1959) a teacher, and they have two sons.
- "Hedges, Jane Barbara". Who's Who. ukwhoswho.com. 2019 (1 December 2018 online ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. Retrieved 27 January 2019. (subscription or UK public library membership required)
- "First female Dean of Norwich appointed". Diocese of Norwich.
- "XXIV (ns) including supplement". Durham University Gazette. Retrieved 4 October 2018.
- Knights, Emma. "New Dean of Norwich says Norfolk already feels like home". Eastern Daily Press.
- "Jane Hedges to be Dean of Norwich". Thinking Anglican.
- Norwich Cathedral – Dean Jane Hedges installed Archived 2014-07-14 at the Wayback Machine (Accessed 1 July 2014)
- Stanford, Peter (12 July 2014). "Will Jane Hedges be the C of E's first woman bishop?". Telegraph.