This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||Actress, singer, media personality, presenter|
|Television||Star for a Night (1999–2001)|
Loose Women (2004–14, 2015)
Star Treatment (2013)
Cruising with Jane McDonald (2017–)
Jane and Friends (2017–)
Jane Anne McDonald is an English singer, actress, media personality and broadcaster, who became known to the public in 1998 after her appearance on the BBC show The Cruise. Known for her Yorkshire accent, she has since co-presented a number of daytime shows, including Loose Women between 2004 and 2014, ITV programme Star Treatment in 2013 and British Academy Television Award winning Cruising with Jane McDonald from 2017.
After signing a major-label recording contract, McDonald began to carve out a mainstream showbiz career, first as a guest presenter on BBC's National Lottery and subsequently with her debut album, Jane McDonald, which spent three weeks at Number 1 in the UK Albums Chart.
Beginning in 2004, McDonald was a regular presenter on the ITV daytime television programme Loose Women, appearing on the show three times a week. It was confirmed on 16 July 2010 that McDonald would depart Loose Women in the summer, taking at least a year's break to concentrate on her music career and to tour Australia and New Zealand. She left at the end of the series on 6 August 2010 and returned on 16 January 2012. She permanently left the series in January 2014 to focus on her music career.
Cruising with Jane McDonald won the 2018 BAFTA Award for Best Feature, making it the first win for a Channel 5 show.
- July 1998 – Jane McDonald – UK No. 1 (platinum)
- June 2000 – Inspiration – UK No. 6 (co-produced by Ted Carfrae and Jamel Badaoui, Sony BMG)
- October 2001 – Love at the Movies – UK No. 24 (co-produced by David Sandcastle, Sony BMG)
- February 2005 – You Belong to Me – UK No. 21
- August 2008 – Jane – UK No. 7
- March 2014 – Singer of Your Song
- November 2017 – Hold the Covers Back – UK No. 69
- June 2018 – Cruising with Jane McDonald - UK No.6
Compilation and special albums
- April 2003 – The Collection
- September 2006 – From Me to You – limited edition four track EP
- August 2007 – Because You Loved Me – compilation album
- October 2010 – Live at the London Palladium (Live recording of the DVD) – No. 31 (UK)
- October 2010 – Just for You (four-track CD available from concerts)
- March 2014 – Is It Love You're After (four-track CD available from concerts)
- September 2014 – Remixed compilation album
- June 2018 – Cruising with Jane McDonald - UK No. 6
- Jane McDonald in Concert (1999)
- Jane McDonald Live in Las Vegas (2001)
- Being Jane (special DVD only available at her concerts, The Jane McDonald Online Store, or via her management team; filmed 2005)
- The Very Best of Loose Women (2008)
- Late Night With The Loose Women (2009)
- Jane McDonald – Live at the London Palladium (18 October 2010)
- Jane McDonald – Follow Your Dreams (Autobiography, 2000)
- "Extract from BBC The Cruise docusoap". BBC. Retrieved 2015-01-06.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 338. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "'The time is right for me to step aside': Jane McDonald quits Loose Women after 10 years". Metro. 12 January 2014. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- Jones, Alan (29 June 2018). "Charts analysis: Greatest Showman set to surpass Adele's record-breaking run at top". Music Week. Intent Media. Retrieved 30 June 2018.
- "Hold the Covers Back by Jane McDonald on iTunes". iTunes Store (GB). Retrieved 3 November 2017.