This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||1959 (age 59–60)|
|Residence||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Alma mater||Central School of Speech and Drama|
Geoffrey Rush (m. 1988)
Jane Menelaus has worked with both the South Australian and Melbourne Theatre Companies. Her stage work has included appearance in the Shakespeare plays, The Winter's Tale with the State Theatre Company of South Australia in 1987 (at The Playhouse in Adelaide, South Australia), and Troilus and Cressida (at the Old Museum Building in 1989). A fellow cast member, for both these productions, was Geoffrey Rush.
As well as a busy acting schedule with other plays, Jane Menelaus appeared in an ongoing production of The Importance of Being Earnest as Gwendolen Fairfax, with Geoffrey Rush as John Worthing. The play's popularity is shown by the fact that the production lasted over a period from 1988 to 1992, and was televised by the ABC.
Television appearances include the play The Importance of Being Earnest (as Gwendolen Fairfax), The Flying Doctors, A Country Practice, A Thousand Skies, Blue Heelers, Kath & Kim and Janus (as Jenny Hanson), and the television mini-series Robbery Under Arms.
Since 1988, Jane Menelaus has been married to Geoffrey Rush. They have a daughter, Angelica (born 1992), and a son, James (born 9 September 1995). In 2003 she had surgery for breast cancer.
- Geoffrey Rush Biography – Theatre, Television and Film Biographies
- Geoffrey Rush Biography – Tiscali Archived 30 October 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- Geoffrey Rush Biography – Tribute
- Geoffrey Rush Biography – Hollywood.com
- Geoffrey Rush interview – The Independent
- From Sellers to suburbia – Film – www.smh.com.au
- Jane Menelaus on IMDb
- Jane Menelaus photo and information – "Phoenix" and "Janus" cast
- Jane Menelaus – stage acting credits
- "The Winter's Tale" – The Playhouse, Adelaide (1987)
- "Troilus and Cressida" – Old Museum Building, Brisbane (1989)
- "The Importance of Being Earnest" – (information and photos)