|Born||November 15, 1961|
|Education||University of Colorado Boulder (B.A., International Affairs)|
Louisville Collegiate School
|Known for||co-founding Wired with Louis Rossetto|
Jane Metcalfe is the co-founder, with Louis Rossetto, and former president of Wired Ventures, creator and original publisher of the magazine Wired. Prior to that, Metcalfe managed advertising sales for the Amsterdam-based Electric Word magazine. She and Rossetto co-founded TCHO chocolates. Metcalfe is life-partners with Rossetto and they have two children.
In 1994 Metcalfe was elected to the board of the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
Metcalfe was on the 2004 and 2005 Digital Communities jury of Prix Ars Electronica.
Metcalfe and Rossetto co-founded Tcho Chocolate, a Berkeley, Calif.-based maker and vendor of artisanal chocolates.. In early 2018, Tcho was sold to the Japanese firm Ezaki Glico (maker of Pocky).
Metcalfe is a partner, along with Rossetto, in Força da Imaginaçao, an independent investment concern with interests in technology, media, and real estate. She is also a board member at One Economy Corporation, which maximizes the potential of technology to help low-income people improve their lives and join the economic mainstream. She was a founding board member of Ex'pression College for Digital Arts as well as the ZER01: The Art and Technology Network.
She has been a board member of the Focused Ultrasound Foundation since 2020.
She is a frequent speaker and presenter at various events and institutions, from UC Berkeley, MIT, Stanford and Singularity University to ComicCon, De Young Museum, StartUp Health, Health 2.0, Wired Health, TEDx San Francisco, TEDx Carnegie Mellon, Hello Tomorrow, Wanderlust Festival, etc.
- Flynn, Laurie (July 10, 1994). "Sound Bytes; Tracking High-Tech Culture". New York Times. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- The Webby Awards (2015-05-19), Cenk Uygur Presents WIRED with Lifetime Achievement at The 19th Annual Webby Awards, retrieved 2017-03-13
- Burke, Katie (2018-02-20). "Berkeley chocolate maker to be acquired by Japanese food company". San Francisco Business Times. Retrieved 12 October 2018.
- Goetz, Thomas (2017-06-30). "How to Get Real People to Buy Your Products Online". Inc.com. Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- "Metcalfe, Jane | Encyclopedia.com". www.encyclopedia.com. Retrieved 2022-06-16.
- "Jane Metcalf | HIMSS". www.himss.org. 2022-03-28. Retrieved 2022-06-16.