Pin-up photo in Yank, the Army Weekly (1942)
October 30, 1915
Youngstown, Ohio, U.S.
|Died||May 4, 2009
|Spouse(s)||Jaime del Amo (1949-1966)|
Jane Randolph (born as Jane Roemer; October 30, 1915 – May 4, 2009), was an American film actress. She was born in Youngstown, Ohio and died in Gstaad, Switzerland, from complications of a broken hip.
Randolph grew up in Kokomo, Indiana, where her hobbies included playing golf and flying airplanes. She attended DePauw University, where she was a member of Kappa Alpha Theta. She also studied at an acting school operated by Max Reinhardt.
In 1942, RKO picked up the contract of the poised actress and she received a leading lady role in Highways by Night (1942). She became known for her roles in film noir, which included Jealousy (1945) and Railroaded! (1947), and in two of Val Lewton's now well regarded B-picture horror films, Cat People (1942) and The Curse of the Cat People (1944).
One of her last movies was Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948).
In 1949, Randolph married Jaime del Amo (grandson of Manuel Dominguez) and retired to Spain and became a socialite. In later years she returned to Los Angeles periodically, but maintained a home in Gstaad.
Another source says that She and Del Amo were married in Las Vegas in 1948, and that it was her second marriage.
- IMDb Biography
- "Actress Jane Randolph dies at 94 - Entertainment News, Film News, Media". Variety. May 26, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-27.
- Boesen, Vic (August 22, 1942). "Meet the Stars". Illinois, Alton. Alton Evening Telegraph. p. 7. Retrieved January 16, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Actress Weds Socialite". California, Long Beach. Long Beach Independent. April 21, 1948. p. 3. Retrieved January 16, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- Vale, Virginia (January 29, 1943). "Star Dust". Texas, Brookshire. The Brookshire Times. p. 4. Retrieved January 16, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jane Randolph.|
- Jane Randolph at the Internet Movie Database
- Jane Randolph at the TCM Movie Database
- Jane Randolph at AllMovie
- Jane Randolph - Daily Telegraph obituary
- Jane Randolph - Guardian obituary