Pin-up photo in Yank, the Army Weekly (1942)
October 30, 1915
Youngstown, Ohio, U.S.
May 4, 2009 (aged 93)|
Bert D'Armand (? - 1949, divorce)|
Jaime del Amo (1949–1966)
Jane Randolph (born Jane Roemer, October 30, 1915 – May 4, 2009), was an American film actress. She was born in Youngstown, Ohio and died in Gstaad, Switzerland, from complications of a broken hip.
Randolph grew up in Kokomo, Indiana, where her hobbies included playing golf and flying airplanes. She attended DePauw University, where she was a member of Kappa Alpha Theta. She also studied at an acting school operated by Max Reinhardt.
Randolph moved to Hollywood in 1939 in an attempt to start a movie career. She was eventually picked up by Warner Bros. and appeared in bit movie roles in 1941. Her screen debut came in Manpower in 1941.
In 1942, RKO picked up the contract of the poised actress and she received a leading lady role in Highways by Night (1942). She became known for her roles in film noir, which included Jealousy (1945) and Railroaded! (1947), and in two of Val Lewton's now well regarded B-picture horror films, Cat People (1942) and The Curse of the Cat People (1944). Her last film was Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948).:136
Randolph was married to Bert D'Armand, an agent. They divorced in 1949. In 1949, Randolph married Jaime del Amo (grandson of Manuel Dominguez), retired to Spain and became a socialite. In later years she returned to Los Angeles periodically, but maintained a home in Gstaad.:146
The trade publication Billboard reported that Randolph and del Amo were married April 20, 1948, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Another source says that she and Del Amo were married in Las Vegas in 1948, and that it was her second marriage.
- Highways by Night (1942)
- The Falcon Strikes Back (1943) - Marcia Brooks
- A Sporting Chance (1945)
- Open Secret (1948)
- Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)
- "Jane Randolph". The Telegraph. May 28, 2009. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- "Actress Jane Randolph dies at 94 - Entertainment News, Film News, Media". Variety. May 26, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-27.
- Boesen, Vic (August 22, 1942). "Meet the Stars". Illinois, Alton. Alton Evening Telegraph. p. 7. Retrieved January 16, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- Mank, Gregory William (1999). Women in Horror Films, 1940s. McFarland. pp. 135–147. ISBN 9781476609553. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- IMDb Biography
- "Marriages". Billboard. May 1, 1948. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- "Actress Weds Socialite". California, Long Beach. Long Beach Independent. April 21, 1948. p. 3. Retrieved January 16, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- Vale, Virginia (January 29, 1943). "Star Dust". Texas, Brookshire. The Brookshire Times. p. 4. Retrieved January 16, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jane Randolph.|