|The Reverend Canon|
|Rector of St Margaret's Church, Westminster|
|Church||Church of England|
|In office||September 2016 to present|
Canon of Westminster (2014–present) |
Archdeacon of Stow and Lindsey (2007–2014)
1983 (deaconess) |
|Born||1956 (age 61–62)|
Jane Elizabeth Margaret Sinclair (born 1956) is a British Anglican priest. She has been a Canon of Westminster since 2014, and Rector of St Margaret's Church, Westminster since 2016. She had served as Archdeacon of Stow and Lindsey between 2007 and 2014.
Early life and education
She was a deaconess at St Paul’s, Herne Hill from 1983 to 1986; a Lecturer in Liturgy at St John's College, Nottingham from 1986 to 1993; a Canon Residentiary at Sheffield Cathedral from 1993 to 2003; Vicar of Rotherham from 2003 to 2007; and Archdeacon of Stow & Lindsey since then.
In 2014 it was announced that she would be appointed as a Canon of Westminster based at Westminster Abbey, taking on the role of Canon Steward. She was installed as a canon of Westminster on 7 September 2014. In January 2016 it was announced that Sinclair would change roles within the Chapter, becoming Rector of St Margaret's from 1 September 2016.
- 1987–2007: The Reverend Jane Sinclair
- 2007–2014: The Venerable Jane Sinclair
- 2014–present: The Reverend Canon Jane Sinclair
- Thinking Anglicans
- Sinclair, Jane Elizabeth Margaret. ukwhoswho.com. Who's Who. 2016 (November 2015 online ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- Director Check
- Parish web site
- Crockfords (London, Church House, 1995) ISBN 0-7151-8088-6
- Diocese of Lincoln Web Site
- Westminster Abbey Web Site
- Westminster Abbey – Archdeacon appointed Canon (Accessed 21 July 2014)
- Westminster Abbey — Sinclair appointed Rector of St Margaret's (Accessed 23 February 2016)
|Church of England titles|
| Archdeacon of Stow
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|