January 10, 1980 |
Grand Rapids, Minnesota, U.S.
|Residence||Lakeville, Minnesota, U.S.|
|Television||Big Brother 6
Big Brother: All Stars
Big Brother 14
|Spouse(s)||Jess DeSanto (m. 2010)|
Pierzina was born on January 10, 1980, in Grand Rapids, Minnesota, and graduated from Grand Rapids High School in 1998. She earned a degree in communications from the University of Minnesota Duluth. Before appearing on Big Brother, Pierzina was an actress, model, and cocktail waitress.
In 2000 Pierzina was convicted of a misdemeanor DWI infraction in Minnesota, for which she was fined and sent to an alcohol-awareness program. In 2001 she was charged with and pleaded guilty to misdemeanor theft from Macy's, for which she was fined.
Pierzina is now a real estate agent in Minnesota for Edina Realty. 
In January 2013, Pierzina announced she and DeSanto were expecting their second child, a boy due in August 2013. On August 10, 2013, she gave birth to her and DeSanto's second child, Lincoln William DeSanto. In April 2014, Pierzina confirmed that she is currently expecting her and DeSanto's third child. On September 26, 2014, she gave birth to a girl, Stella Rose DeSanto.
In 2005, Pierzina was one of fourteen contestants on Big Brother 6. Her secret partner was former roommate, Ashlea Evans. Pierzina came in third, being evicted on September 16, 2005, Day 76.
In the summer of 2006, Pierzina was chosen by the viewers to participate in Big Brother 7:All-Stars and entered the house on July 3, 2006. Pierzina was eventually evicted on Day 67, again taking third place and becoming a member of the seven-contestant jury. On September 12, 2006, the final day of Big Brother 7:All-Stars, Pierzina was named the winner of the final America's Choice vote, a $25,000 prize to a jury member. Popular with fans, Pierzina won every America's Choice award during Big Brother 6.
In September, 2007, Pierzina returned to host the Power Of Veto competition in the Big Brother 8 house. On August 9, 2008, in the Big Brother 10 house, Pierzina again returned to participate in the week's food competition. Along with other BB alumni, including Mike "Boogie" Malin and Danielle Reyes, Janelle returned to Big Brother in September 2009 for a roundtable discussion of Season 11.
In 2012, Pierzina returned once again to the Big Brother house for the show's 14th season. She was the fourth contestant evicted.
After her appearance on Big Brother All Stars, Pierzina won the VH1 Big Reality Star of '06 award. She was named the biggest "winner" of Big Brother by BuddyTV based on number of combined Head of Household and Power of Veto competition victories during her first two seasons with 12.5.
Pierzina is currently tied with fellow Big Brother houseguest James Huling for the record of most days spent in the Big Brother house, at 177 days.
|Big Brother Canada 1||TV Series||April, 2013||Herself||Contributed via Skype to a roundtable about the final five houseguests of the first season of Big Brother Canada.|
|Big Brother 14||TV Series||2012||Herself||Was a returning "mentor/coach" along with Mike "Boogie" Malin, Dan Gheesling, and Britney Haynes, later became a player. Finished 12th out of 16.|
|Big Brother 11||TV Series||September, 2009||Herself||Contributed to a roundtable about the final three of season 11.|
|Big Brother 10||TV Series||August 10, 2008||Herself||Participated in food competition|
|Big Brother 8||TV series||2007||Herself||Hosted a Golden Power Of Veto Competition named "Janelle-O-Vision"|
|Big Brother 7:All-Stars||TV series||2006||Herself||Finished 3rd of 14. Voted by viewers a prize of $25,000.00.|
|Big Brother 6||TV series||2005||Herself||Finished 3rd of 14|
|Nautical Angels||TV pilot||2005||Action Angel||After production this TV pilot was not picked up by a broadcaster. It featured three "Nautical Angels", who visited various tourist destinations. Pierzina would try out various physical activities for tourists, such as diving. Her fellow "angels" were Sarah Backhouse and Miss Thailand World Cindy Burbridge.|
- "Janelle Pierzina, A Cocktail Waitress on Big Brother 6 | Reality TV Magazine". Realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com. Archived from the original on 2014-03-18. Retrieved 2014-05-18.
- Time Waster. ""Big Brother" Contestant Was Wanted Woman". The Smoking Gun. Retrieved 2014-05-18.
- "Legal woes of 'Big Brother' star revealed". UPI.com. 2005-07-21. Retrieved 2014-05-18.
- "Breaking Celeb News, Entertainment News, and Celebrity Gossip | E! Online UK". Eonline.com. Retrieved 2014-05-18.
- Janelle Pierzina on IMDb
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-26. Retrieved 2011-12-17.
- Carrie “Spicy” Milburn (2013-01-30). "BB14's Janelle Pierzina is Pregnant With Baby #2!". Reality Nation. Retrieved 2014-05-18.
- "Former Big Brother Contestant Janelle Pierzina Gives Birth to Baby Boy! | E! Online UK". Eonline.com. 2013-08-10. Retrieved 2014-05-18.
- Janelle Pierzina [@JanellePierzina] (9 April 2014). "The rumors are true, I'm expecting! Due in October! Thanks BB fans for being such great sports! I just love messing with you :) #Pregnant" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Janelle Pierzina [@JanellePierzina] (26 September 2014). "Stella Rose DeSanto weights 5.11 lbs. we are both doing great! #easylabor #welcometotheworld #6:29am #3" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- 'Big Brother' evicts returning houseguest Janelle Pierzina and determines fifth HoH
- 'Big in 2006', VH1, accessed December 16, 2008
- John Kubicek. "BuddyTV Slideshow | The Biggest Winners in 'Big Brother' History". Buddytv.com. Retrieved 2014-05-18.