Janes Island State Park
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Janes Island State Park|
|Maryland State Park|
|Elevation||0 ft (0 m) |
|Area||3,159 acres (1,278 ha) |
|Management||Maryland Department of Natural Resources|
|IUCN category||V - Protected Landscape/Seascape|
|Nearest City||Crisfield, Maryland|
|Website: Janes Island State Park|
Activities and amenities
- Boating: The park offers a boat launch and boat slips, motor boat rentals, and kayak and canoe rentals. There are more than 30 miles (48 km) of marked water trails winding through the island’s salt marsh.
- Swimming: Canoeing and kayaking trails lead paddlers to a 7-mile-long white sandy beach on the shores of Tangier Sound and Chesapeake Bay.
- Accommodations: There is a 100-site campground (half with electricity), four rustic cabins, plus a conference center with four bedrooms.
- The park also features fishing and crabbing, picnicking, a playground, shelters, and a park store and nature center.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Janes Island State Park
- "FY2013 DNR Owned Lands Acreage Report" (PDF). Maryland DNR. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 18, 2015. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- "Janes Island State Park". Maryland DNR. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- Janes Island State Park Maryland Department of Natural Resources