||film director, producer and editor
Janet Baus is a documentary film and television director, producer and editor. In 1993, she co-directed Lesbian Avengers Eat Fire Too with Su Friedrich, about activist group the Lesbian Avengers. In 2003 she produced John Scagliotti's film Dangerous Living: Coming Out in the Developing World about gay and lesbian people in non-Western countries. She had worked with Scagliotti before, having a co-producer credit on his 1999 film After Stonewall. Her 2006 film Cruel and Unusual, co-directed with Dan Hunt and Reid Williams, was a documentary about pre-operative male-female transsexual women in men's prisons. It won the Michael J. Berg Documentary Award at the 2006 Frameline Film Festival and the Freedom Award at L.A. Outfest. Baus has also won the Cine Golden Eagle, the Vito Russo Award, the Chicago International Television Award and the Gold Aurora Award.
- ^ Blaetz, Robin (2007). Women's experimental cinema: critical frameworks. Duke University Press. p. 317. ISBN 0-8223-4044-5.
- ^ "The Filmmakers". Official After Stonewall Productions site. 2003. Retrieved February 7, 2010.
- ^ a b "'The Gymnast' wins best feature at LGBT film festival", San Francisco Chronicle, June 28, 2006, retrieved February 7, 2010
- ^ "Janet Baus — Awards". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved February 7, 2010.
- ^ "Janet Baus". Women Make Movies. Retrieved February 7, 2010.