|Janet M. Currie|
|Born||Kingston, Ontario, Canada|
|Field||labour economics, family economics, health economics|
|Alma mater||University of Toronto, Princeton University|
|Information at IDEAS / RePEc|
Janet Currie is a Canadian economist. She is chair of the Department of Economics at Princeton University, where she is the Henry Putnam Professor of Economics and Public Affairs. She is also the director of the Center for Health and Well-Being at Princeton. Her research focuses on the impact of government policies and poverty on the health and well-being of children over their life cycle. She has written about early intervention programs, expansions of the Medicaid program, public housing, and food and nutrition programs. She is considered an expert on the topic of Head Start program.
She currently serves on the Board of Reviewing Editors for Science magazine, the Advisory Board for the Journal of Economic Perspectives, and serves as Associate Editor for the Journal of Population Economics. She has previously held editorial roles for numerous economic peer-reviewed journals, including the Quarterly Journal of Economics, the Journal of Health Economics, and the Journal of Public Economics.
She is also a member of various professional associations, including an elected member of the National Academy of Medicine (NAM), member of the Advisory Committee on Labor and Income Statistics for Statistics Canada, and a fellow of the Econometric Society. She is past president of the Society of Labor Economists and previously served as vice-president of the American Economic Association. She is also an affiliate of Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA) in Bonn, Germany. She has also served a consultant for the National Health Interview Survey and the National Longitudinal Surveys, and served on the advisory board of the National Children’s Study.
- "Children with Disabilities" Issue of The Future of Children, 22(1), Princeton-Brookings, Washington D.C. Spring 2012, edited with Robert Kahn.
- The Invisible Safety Net: Protecting the Nation’s Poor Children and Families, Princeton University Press, Spring 2006.
- Welfare and the Well-Being of Children, Harwood Academic Publishers, Chur Switzerland, 1995.
- Janet M. Currie – Biography
- Promising Practices biography of Janet Currie
- Journal of Economic Literature
- Fellows of the Econometric Society
- Fellows of the Society of Labor Economists
- Rose Kernochan, "Five Minutes with... Janet Currie", Columbia College Today, November/December 2008
- "Project MUSE - The Future of Children-Volume 22, Number 1, Spring 2012". Muse.jhu.edu. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "Currie, J.M.: The Invisible Safety Net: Protecting the Nation's Poor Children and Families. (eBook and Paper)". Press.princeton.edu. 2013-11-25. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "Welfare and the Wellbeing of Children". RAND. 2013-12-19. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
|This biography of a Canadian economist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|