|Member of the New York State Assembly
from the 115th district
January 3, 2007 – December 31, 2016
|Preceded by||Chris Ortloff|
|Succeeded by||Billy Jones|
November 27, 1945 |
Plattsburgh, New York
Janet L. Duprey (born November 27, 1945) is a former Republican member of the New York State Assembly, representing Assembly District 115, which includes all of Clinton and Franklin Counties, as well as part of St. Lawrence County. She is originally from Plattsburgh.
She won the 2010 Republican primary election running against David Kimmel, a small business owner. She then faced Rudy Johnson, a former energy analyst and small businessman, in the general election, which she won with 59 percent of the vote. Duprey did not seek re-election in 2016.
Duprey and her husband Elmer have two grown children, John and Michelle.
- "Assembly Member Janet L. Duprey (NY)". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved March 24, 2011.
- "Janet L. Duprey: Biography". New York State Assembly. Retrieved March 24, 2011.
- "Election Results 2008: New York State Legislature". The New York Times. 2008. Archived from the original on 2012-05-11.
- "Assembly Election Returns: November 4, 2008" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 23, 2012.
- Heath, Dan (January 3, 2010). "Cadyville man to challenge Assemblywoman Duprey in election". Plattsburgh Press Republican.
- Brown, Nathan (June 16, 2010). "Johnson to run for Assembly in 114th District". Adirondack Daily Enterprise.
- Bartlett, Stephen (June 18, 2010). "Rudy Johnson seeks 114th Assembly District seat". Plattsburgh Press Republican.
- "Election Results 2010: New York State Legislature". The New York Times. 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-06-15.
- "Assembly Election Returns: November 2, 2010" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 18, 2013.
- "Duprey Will Vote for Same-Sex Marriage". WCAX Vermont. April 17, 2009.
- Vielkind, Jimmy (May 12, 2009). "The Final Assembly Vote on Same-Sex Marriage: 89-52". PolitickerNY. Archived from the original on January 11, 2011.
- Brown, Nathan (April 20, 2009). "Duprey supports same-sex marriage". Adirondak Daily Enterprise.
- "Asperger's Resolution" (PDF). JanetDuprey.com.
- Seymour, Jude (September 29, 2009). "Little, Sayward, Duprey back Scozzafava". Watertown Daily Times.
- Lo Templio, Joe (July 25, 2009). "Campaign for Congress heats up: Republican candidate Scozzafava faces challenge from Conservative Kelly". The Press-Republican.
- Janet Duprey For Assembly, campaign website
- David Kimmel For Assembly, campaign website
- Rudy Johnson For Assembly, campaign website
|New York Assembly|
|New York State Assembly, 114th District
|This article about a member of the New York State Assembly is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|