Janet Laurence (author)
- 1 Cookery writer
- 2 Crime fiction
- 3 Other work
- 4 Bibliography 
- 5 References
From 1978, Laurence began to write cookery articles for Country Life and The Daily Telegraph. Eventually she became the sole author of the Telegraphs weekly 'Bon Viveur' column. She also wrote a series of articles in Country Life about historical cooking. She has written or co-written eight cookery books, notably books about Scandinavian cooking.
Laurence's first crime novel, 'A Deepe Coffyn', was published in 1989, the first of ten contemporary novels featuring cookery writer Darina Lisle and policeman William Pigram. She also wrote one non-series mystery fiction book, 'To Kill The Past'. Laurence has also written four historical crime novels - three books where the detective is a fictionalised Canaletto (the Italian artist), and one set in early Edwardian times. Laurence was the 1998/1999 Chair of the Crime Writers' Association, and has been Chair of a number of CWA award judging panels including in 2007 and 2008 for the CWA Ellis Peters Award for best Historical Crime Novel and in 2013 for the CWA International Award.
Contemporary crime fiction
Darina Lisle/William Pigram novels
- A Deepe Coffyn (1989)
- A Tasty Way to Die (1990)
- Hotel Morgue (1991)
- Recipe for Death (1992)
- Death and the Epicure (1993)
- Death at the Table (1994)
- Death a la Provencale (1995)
- Diet for Death (1996)
- Appetite for Death (1998)
- The Mermaid's Feast (2000)
Felicity Freer novel
- To Kill The Past (1994)
Historical crime fiction
- Canaletto and the Case of Westminster Bridge (1997)
- Canaletto and the Case of the Privy Garden (1999)
- Canaletto and the Case of Bonnie Prince Charlie (2002)
Ursula Grandison novels
- Deadly Inheritance (2012)
- A Fatal Freedom (2015)
Contemporary women's fiction
(writing as Julia Lisle)
- A Perfect Match (1996)
- The Changing Years (1996)
- Journeys from Home (1997)
- A Little French Cookbook (1989) (with Diana Leadbetter)
- A Little Scandinavian Cookbook (1990) (with Agnetha Petersen)
- A Little Coffee Cookbook (1992) (with Catherine McWilliams)
- Just For Two (1992)
- The Food and Cooking of Norway: Traditions, Ingredients, Tastes, Techniques and Over 60 Classic Recipes (2007)
- The Food and Cooking of Scandinavia: 150 Authentic Regional Recipes (2011) (with Anna Mossesson and Judith Dern)
- A Taste of Scandinavia: The Real Food and Cooking of Sweden, Norway and Denmark (2013) (with Anna Mossesson and Judith Dern)
- The Scandinavian Cookbook: Fresh and Fragrant Cooking of Sweden, Denmark and Norway (2014) (with Anna Mossesson and Judith Dern)
- The Craft of Food and Cookery Writing (1994)
- Writing Crime Fiction - Making Crime Pay (2007)
- enotes.com Janet Laurence articles Retrieved on 5 February 2014.
- Fantastic Fiction Janet Laurence page Retrieved on 5 February 2014.
- List of cookery books by Janet Laurence on amazon.co.uk Retrieved on 5 February 2014.
- Hayes, Lizzie. ‘Deadly Inheritance’ by Janet Laurence, Promoting Crime blog Retrieved on 5 February 2014.
- History of the CWA Retrieved on 5 February 2014.
- The CWA Ellis Peters Historical Award 2007 Retrieved on 5 February 2014.
- The CWA Ellis Peters Historical Award 2008 Retrieved on 5 February 2014.
- 2013 CWA awards 'CWA International Dagger shared' Archived 17 August 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on 5 February 2014.
- Review of 'Writing Crime Fiction' on 'It's A Crime' Retrieved on 5 February 2014.
- List of Julia Lisle books on abebooks.co.uk Retrieved on 5 February 2014.