October 9, 1983 |
Gangwon, South Korea
|Height||170 cm (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||118 kg (260 lb)|
|Updated on 26 July 2012.|
|Revised Romanization||Jang Miran|
On September 26, 2007, Jang won her third straight world championship overall title in the women's over 75 kg category by lifting 319 kg of overalls in total (138 kg in the snatch, 181 kg of overalls in the clean and jerk). She also surpassed the world record, which was set by herself in May 2006 in Wonju, Korea, by one kilogram. Mu Shuangshuang, who lifted 319 kg in overalls as well, ranked second because of bodyweight, but broke the record an attempt earlier.
She won the gold medal in over 75-kilogram division at 2010 Guangzhou Asian Games. With this medal, which was her first gold in Asian Games, she completed the weightlifting equivalent of a "grand slam" as champion in the Summer Olympics, world championships and Asian Games.
In February 2012, Jang announced the launch of her new foundation, Jang Miran Foundation, and stated that the mission of the Jang Miran Foundation is "[to help] young athletes in minor sports."
Notes and references
- "Jang Mi-Ran". sports-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "JANG Mi Ran". International Weightlifting Federation.
- "JANG Mi-ran". International Weightlifting Federation.
- "Progress of World Records, Women". International Weightlifting Federation.
- "FLASH:JANG MIRAN OF SOUTH KOREA BREAKS WOMEN'S 75KG WEIGHTLIFTING SNATCH WORLD RECORD". Retrieved 2012-07-28.
- "(Asian Games) S Korea golden in baseball, weightlifting, taekwondo, fencing". Yonhap. 20 Nov 2010. Retrieved 20 Nov 2010.
- "Weightlifter Jang launches sports foundation". The Korea Herald. 1 Feb 2012. Retrieved 22 Nov 2014.
- "Jang mi-ran bids emotional farewell to weightlifting". The Korea Times. 10 Jan 2013. Retrieved 22 Nov 2014.
|This article about a South Korean Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to weightlifting in South Korea is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|