|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Total||24.42 km2 (9.43 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,000/km2 (5,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Jangareddygudem is a town in West Godavari district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The process of electronic tobacco auctioning was first introduced in India by the Jangareddygudem Tobacco Board. This Tobacco Board is one of the largest boards in the state.
As of 2011[update] Census of India, the city had a population of 48,994. The total population constitute, 23,997 males and 24,997 females —a sex ratio of 1042 females per 1000 males, higher than the national average of 940 per 1000. 5,082 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 2,605 are boys and 2,477 are girls—a ratio of 951 per 1000. The average literacy rate stands at 80.09% (male 83.61%; female 76.75%) with 35,169 literates, significantly higher than the national average of 73.00%.
Jangareddygudem is an upland (Not prone to floods or damp soils) agency (Scheduled Tribes and their resources are protected by law) area. Its average elevation is 74 metres (243 ft) above sea level.
The Tobacco Farmers bring their crop to the Tobacco Board for auction, in which Tobacco Board authorized companies participate to buy tobacco from farmers with the Board acting as middle man facilitating the auction by providing the real estate and payment processing through banks. Tobacco Board is an arm of ITC Ltd (ILTD division) of Govt of India. The process of electronic auctioning of tobacco was first introduced in India at the Jangareddygudem Tobacco Board.
Jangareddygudem bus depot is owned and operated by APSRTC. It operates bus services to most of the surrounding destinations and other districts. State Highway 42 connects the town with Palakollu and State Highway 44 with Eluru.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Sex Ratio". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Chapter–3 (Literates and Literacy rate)" (PDF). Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Bus Depots". APSRTC. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Road Maps". Roads and Buildings Department. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 29 February 2016.