|Alma mater||University of California, Berkeley, B.A. in linguistics, M.A. in English; University of New Mexico, Ph.D.; University of Arizona, MA in Library Science, University of Arizona|
|Occupation||Writer, poet, scholar|
|Employer||University of Colorado at Colorado Springs|
|Beneath My Heart, Earthquake Weather, Doubters and Dreamers|
Janice Gould (born 1949) is a Koyangk'auwi (Konkow, Concow) Maidu writer and scholar. She is the author of Beneath My Heart, Earthquake Weather and co-editor with Dean Rader of Speak to Me Words: Essays on Contemporary American Indian Poetry. Her book Doubters and Dreamers (2011) was a finalist for the Colorado Book Award and the Binghamton University Milt Kessler Poetry Book Award.
Gould was born in San Diego, California and grew up in Berkeley. She graduated magna cum laude from University of California, Berkeley, earning degrees in linguistics (B.A) and English (M.A.). Her Ph.D. was completed at the University of New Mexico. She was the Hallie Ford Chair in Creative Writing at Willamette University. "In 2012 Janice completed a residency for Indigenous Writers at the School for Advanced Research in Santa Fe, New Mexico." She is also a musician, and plays guitar and accordion.
Awards and honors
- Grant from National Endowment for the Arts
- Ford Dissertation Fellowship
- Astraea Foundation Grant
- Roothbert Foundation Grant
- Knowledge River Scholarship
- Association of Research Libraries Scholarship 
- Gould, Janice, Beneath My Heart January 1991, Firebrand Books, US, ISBN 978-0-932379-84-9
- Gould, Janice, Earthquake Weather: Poems April 1996, University of Arizona Press, ISBN 978-0-8165-1630-8
- Radar, Dan, Gould, Janice, Essays on Contemporary American Indian Poetry, January 2003, University of Arizona Press, ISBN 978-0-8165-2349-8
- "Janice Gould". The Poetry Foundation. 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- Biographical Internet Public Library
- "Janice Gould". Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Colorado Poets Center : Janice Gould". Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Janice Gould on Native American Authors". Retrieved 2013-10-18.