Acevedo at the 2014 Tour de San Luis
|Full name||Janier Alexis Acevedo Calle|
6 December 1985 |
Caramanta, Antioquia, Colombia
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||63 kg (139 lb)|
|2011–2012||Aguardiente Antioqueño-Lotería de Medellín|
While riding for Jamis–Hagens Berman in 2013, he won a mountaintop finish on Stage 2 of the Tour of California, twelve seconds ahead of eventual overall winner, Tejay van Garderen of BMC Racing Team. He subsequently finished third overall in the Tour, and briefly wore the leader's jersey before van Garderen claimed it.
In September 2013, it was announced that Acevedo would move to the Omega Pharma–Quick-Step squad for the 2014 season. However, a month later, Acevedo was said to have broken a "verbal agreement" with Omega Pharma–Quick-Step, with the intention to join Garmin–Sharp instead.
- 1st Overall, Vuelta Ciclista a Costa Rica
- 1st Stages 8 & 10
- 1st Stage 6, Vuelta a Guatemala
- 1st Stage 4, Tour of Utah
- 8th, Pan American Road Race Championships
- 6th Overall, Vuelta Mexico
- 1st, UCI America Tour
- 3rd Overall, Tour of Utah
- 3rd Overall, Tour of California
- 1st Stage 2
- 4th Overall, USA Pro Cycling Challenge
- 1st Stage 4
- 5th Overall, Tour of the Gila
- 1st Stage 1
- 8th Overall, Tour de San Luis
- 9th Overall, Tour of California
- 9th Overall, Tour de Suisse
- 4th GP Miguel Indurain
- 3rd Overall, Joe Martin Stage Race
- 1st Stage 1
- 8th Overall Tour de San Luis
- Frattini, Kirsten (20 September 2016). "Acevedo, Mannion and Norris bring climbing strength to UnitedHealthcare in 2017". cyclingnews.com. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Profile of Janier Acevedo". EF Education First–Drapac p/b Cannondale. Boulder, Colorado: Slipstream Sports LLC. January 1, 2014. Archived from the original on July 30, 2014. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Matthew Beaudin (24 September 2013). "Garmin set for dramatic overhaul in 2014". VeloNews. San Diego, California: Competitor Group, Inc. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- Kirsten Frattini (29 October 2015). "Acevedo leaves Cannondale-Garmin, returns to Jamis in 2016". Cycling News. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- Laura Weislo (14 May 2013). "Acevedo powers to Palm Springs victory". Cyclingnews.com. San Diego, California: Future plc. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Results: 2013 Amgen Tour of California, stage 8". VeloNews. San Diego, California: Competitor Group, Inc. 19 May 2013. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "OPQS Signs Wout Poels and Janier Acevedo". Omega Pharma–Quick-Step. Luxembourg, Luxembourg: Decolef. 1 September 2013. Archived from the original on 5 September 2013. Retrieved 7 September 2013.
- "Report: Acevedo to Garmin". Cyclingnews.com. Bath, England: Future plc. 2 October 2013. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- Neal Rogers (2 October 2013). "Vaughters confirms Acevedo's signing with Garmin". VeloNews. San Diego, California: Competitor Group, Inc. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "Janier Acevedo at Cycling Archives". Cycling Archives. Archived from the original on 4 October 2013. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "Janier Acevedo at Cycling Base". Cycling Base. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- Janier Acevedo at Cycling Archives
- Janier Acevedo: Cycling Base
- Janier Acevedo: Cycling Quotient
- Janier Acevedo: Garmin-Sharp
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Janier Acevedo.|
|This biographical article relating to Colombian cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|