Janina Ramirez, sometimes credited as Nina Ramirez, is a British art and cultural historian and TV presenter, based in Oxford. She specialises in interpreting symbols and examining works of art, within their own historical context.
Ramirez gained a degree in English literature, specialising in Old and Middle English, from St Anne's College, Oxford, before completing her post-graduate studies at the Centre for Medieval Studies, University of York. She completed an art/literature PhD on the symbolism of birds, which led to a lectureship in York's Art History Department, followed by lecturing posts at the University of Winchester, University of Warwick, and University of Oxford.
Ramirez is currently the course director on the Certificate in History of Art at Oxford University's Department for Continuing Education.
- Treasures of the Anglo-Saxons, BBC Four, August 2010
- The Viking Sagas, BBC Four, May 2011
- Britain's Most Fragile Treasure, BBC Four, October 2011
- Illuminations: The Private Lives of Medieval Kings, 3-part series, BBC Four, January 2012
- Chivalry and Betrayal: The Hundred Years' War, 3-part series, BBC Four, February 2013
- Architects of the Divine: The First Gothic Age, BBC Four, October 2014
- Saints and Sinners: Britain's Millennium of Monasteries, 3-part series, BBC Four, February 2015
- "Course details: Undergraduate Certificate in History of Art". Department for Continuing Education, University of Oxford. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- Treasures of the Anglo Saxons at BBC Programmes
- The Viking Sagas at BBC Programmes
- Janina Ramirez (May 2011). "The Sagas of Iceland: Creating Terra Nova". History Today 61 (5). Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- Britain's Most Fragile Treasure at BBC Programmes
- Illuminations: The Private Lives of Medieval Kings at BBC Programmes
- Louise Auty (26 January 2012). "Ramirez 'illuminates' the world of England's long dead kings". Digital Journal. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- Chivalry and Betrayal: The Hundred Years War at BBC Programmes
- Architects of the Divine: The First Gothic Age at BBC Programmes
- Saints and Sinners: Britain's Millennium of Monasteries at BBC Programmes