|Born||1965 (age 55–56)|
|Known for||Founding Boost Juice|
|Board member of||Retail Zoo|
Michael Hill Jeweller
Janine Allis (born 1965) is an Australian businesswoman who is the founder of Boost Juice and part-owner of Retail Zoo, which is the parent company of Boost Juice, Salsa's Fresh Mex Grill and Cibo Espresso.
Apart from her directorship with Retail Zoo, Allis is also a Director of Michael Hill Jeweller. She is also the author of the book The Accidental Entrepreneur – The Juicy Bits ISBN 978-0-7303-2773-8.
Allis started working at the age of 17 as a media assistant at advertising agency McCann-Erickson. She went on to do modelling as well as working as an assistant gym manager. Her early career also included roles such as a nanny in France, a promotions executive in Portugal as well as a camp counsellor in the USA. Allis has also worked as a stewardess on David Bowie's yacht, a senior manager for a Singapore cinema chain, a publicist for United International Pictures, a publisher, an author, and a touring agent for USA comedians.
After her success in growing her juice business, Allis and her husband decided to diversify their operations by forming a holding company in 2007 called Retail Zoo which they use to acquire and grow other retail food chains.
The first chain that Retail Zoo acquired was the four-outlet Mexican food chain called Salsa's Fresh Mex Grill in 2007. In 2012, Retail Zoo acquired the 20-outlet Cibo Espresso for AU$15 million. In 2014, Retail Zoo started an American-style hamburger diner chain called Betty's Burgers & Concrete Company.
In 2010, the Riverside Company purchased an equity stake in Retail Zoo for an undisclosed amount with Allis remaining in charge. Four years later, Riverside sold their stake to Bain Capital. After the acquisition, Bain owned 70% of the company while Allis owns the rest.
- 2015 Franchise Hall of Fame Inductee – MYOB FCA Excellence in Franchising Awards
- 2015 The Australia Awards for Excellence in Women's Leadership: Victoria.
- 2015 InStyle and Audi Women of Style Awards; Business Award 
- 2012 Australian Export Heroes Award
- 2010 Franchise Council of Australia International Franchise Award
- 2004 Telstra Australian Business Woman of the Year
- Fitzsimmons, Caitlin (8 March 2015). "The 30 richest self-made women in Australia". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- "The accidental entrepreneur : the juicy bits / Janine Allis". trove.nla.gov.au. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- Kermond, Clare (3 December 2009). "From little things, given a Boost, big things grow". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- "Our Team". Retail Zoo. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- "Investor Centre – Board of Directors". Michael Hill International Limited. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- "Janine Allis to Deliver Keynote Address at AIB Graduation". Australian Institute of Business. 30 May 2018.
- "Salsas". Inside Franchise Business.
- Swallow, Julian (16 December 2012). "Cibo Espresso stores to double after Retail Zoo buys out SA cafe chain and looks to expand interstate". The Advertiser (Adelaide).
- "Betty's Burgers sees an edge in the premium burger space with nostalgic elements, positive work culture". QSR Media. 13 January 2020.
- Suttell, Scott (30 May 2014). "Riverside Co. sells Australian quick-service restaurant business Retail Zoo". Crains Cleveland Business.
- Kaye, Byron (30 May 2014). "Bain Capital buys Australian Boost Juice parent". Reuters.
- Thompson, Sarah & Macdonald, Anthony (19 November 2018). "Retail Zoo makes maiden pitch to ramp up review". Australian Financial Review.
- "Janine Allis". Network 10. Archived from the original on 23 February 2015. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- McKnight, Robert (21 May 2019). "Major cast details leaked for AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR: CHAMPIONS vs CONTENDERS". TV Blackbox. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- Faithfull, Eden. "Lorna Jane Clarkson and Janine Allis reveal what to expect from Celebrity Apprentice Australia 2021". 9Now. Retrieved 17 July 2021.
- "Hall of Fame". Franchise Council of Australia. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- "The Australian Awards for Excellence in Women's Leadership". Women and Leadership Australia. Archived from the original on 19 August 2016. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- Moran, Jonathan (13 May 2015). "InStyle Women of Style awards lives up to glitzy reputation". The Daily Telegraph (Sydney).
- "Heroes in History: Previous Australian Export Heroes". Export Council of Australia. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- "Past Winners". Franchise Council of Australia. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- "Allis charms judges of national business award". The Age. 24 October 2004. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- "Past winners – Telstra Business Women's Awards". Telstra Business Womens Awards. Archived from the original on 13 August 2016. Retrieved 13 July 2016.