Janis: Little Girl Blue
|Janis: Little Girl Blue|
|Directed by||Amy J. Berg|
|Narrated by||Cat Power|
Janis: Little Girl Blue is a 2015 American documentary film directed by Amy J. Berg, about the American singer-songwriter Janis Joplin. It was premiered at the 2015 Venice Film Festival and then shown in the TIFF Docs section of the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival.
- Chan Marshall as Narrator
- Janis Joplin (archive footage)
- Peter Albin
- Sam Andrew
- Dick Cavett
- David Dalton
- Clive Davis
- Cass Elliot (archive footage)
- Melissa Etheridge
- Dave Getz
- Jimi Hendrix (archive footage)
- Kris Kristofferson
- John Lennon (archive footage)
- Juliette Lewis
- Country Joe McDonald
- Alecia Moore
- Dave Niehaus
- Yoko Ono (archive footage)
- D. A. Pennebaker
- Otis Redding (archive footage)
- Powell St. John
- Bob Weir
The film received positive reviews from critics. The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reports a 94% score, based on 78 reviews, with an average rating of 7.48/10. Metacritic reports a 74 out of 100 score, based on 20 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
- "Janis: Little Girl Blue (15)". British Board of Film Classification. January 25, 2016. Retrieved January 25, 2016.
- "Janis: Little Girl Blue (2015) - International Box Office Results". Box Office Mojo. Internet Movie Database. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- "Toronto Film Festival Adds 60+ Titles". IndieWire. Archived from the original on August 11, 2015. Retrieved August 11, 2015.
- "Janis: Little Girl Blue (2015)". Rotten Tomatoes. Flixster. Retrieved June 1, 2020.
- "Janis: Little Girl Blue reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved June 1, 2020.
- Janis: Little Girl Blue at IMDb
- Janis: Little Girl Blue at Box Office Mojo
- Janis: Little Girl Blue at Rotten Tomatoes
- Janis: Little Girl Blue at Metacritic