Jann (Dungeons & Dragons)
The jann appeared in second edition under the "genie" heading in Monstrous Compendium Volume Two (1989), and with the jann leaders in the Monstrous Manual (1993). The jann appeared under the genie of Zakhara heading in the Land of Fate boxed set (1992).
The janni appeared in the third edition Monster Manual (2000), and appear in the 3.5 revised Monster Manual (2003). The janni appears as a player character race in Savage Species (2003). The janni appears as a character class and race in the Planar Handbook (2004).
A jann is the weakest of the genies, and is formed out of all four elements and must spend time on the Material Plane.
- Gygax, Gary. "Featured Creatures" Dragon #66 (TSR, 1982)
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual II (TSR, 1983)
- Cook, David "Zeb", et al. Monstrous Compendium Volume Two (TSR, 1989)
- Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual (TSR, 1993)
- Williams, Skip, Jonathan Tweet, and Monte Cook. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2000)
- Eckelberry, David, Rich Redman, and Jennifer Clarke Wilkes. Savage Species (Wizards of the Coast, 2003)
- Cordell, Bruce, and Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel. Planar Handbook (Wizards of the Coast, 2004)